• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Range calculation stuck in towing mode???

chrisvitek1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
My range calculation appears stuck in Towing mode. So it displays approximately half of actual. I have tried selecting "no trailer" option under the Towing icon several times and cycled the power several times. Still stuck. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you drive it after selecting no trailer?

Usually you don't need to drive it, but it's been a while since I had my trailer attached, and recent updates may have changed behaviour.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Hail Mary fix.

Press the button for your trailer back up assist.

A message should pop up that it is detecting trailer, although one will not be connected.

Push the button to turn off the back up assist

Then go into your menu and select no active trailer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My range calculation appears stuck in Towing mode. So it displays approximately half of actual. I have tried selecting "no trailer" option under the Towing icon several times and cycled the power several times. Still stuck. Any suggestions?
Hey, Chris! I can take a closer look into this stuck in towing mode concern if you'd like. Can you send us a private message with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it's happened to me many times, and no 'reset' or any actions within the menus will change it - you just have to 'wait' for it to EVENTUALLY work itself back to 'regular' truck range mode... aggravating, though.

Sponsored

Bsnead

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
The same thing happened to me. I had detached the trailer while the truck was still on. I had to hook the trailer (electrical) back up and turn the truck off then disconnect. That reset the remaining miles back to normal.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The same thing happened to me. I had detached the trailer while the truck was still on. I had to hook the trailer (electrical) back up and turn the truck off then disconnect. That reset the remaining miles back to normal.
Interesting observation. I’m going to see if I can replicate that the next time I hook up a trailer.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I remember seeing a video where there's a setting in trailer settings you can reset the trailer to none.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
If your range estimate is stuck in trailer mode it has nothing to do with being in the "Tow/Haul" driving mode. The problem is you still have an "active trailer" selected. To recalculate You have to go into the Towing app from the home screen, and then go to select active trailer, and choose "no active trailer".

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I remember seeing a video where there's a setting in trailer settings you can reset the trailer to none.
If your range estimate is stuck in trailer mode it has nothing to do with being in the "Tow/Haul" driving mode. The problem is you still have an "active trailer" selected. To recalculate You have to go into the Towing app from the home screen, and then go to select active trailer, and choose "no active trailer".
In the original post, he stated that he did exactly that and it didn’t work.

Sponsored

johnnycombo

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
Occupation
electronic technician
Vehicle on, plug in trailer, select trailer on sync screen, vehicle off, unplug trailer, vehicle on, select no active trailer on sync screen.
Unplugging the trailer while the vehicle is on causes the problem.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle on, plug in trailer, select trailer on sync screen, vehicle off, unplug trailer, vehicle on, select no active trailer on sync screen.
Unplugging the trailer while the vehicle is on causes the problem.

Good tip, I'm guilty of leaving the truck "idling" while unhitching, I'll give this a shot.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've experienced this 'range stuck' situation many times since I tow so often,,,, but,,,, it always eventually resolves itself on it's own... aggravating? yes. annoying? yes. a problem? no.

Pestsprayer

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning PLTNM
Occupation
PCT Service Manager
Hail Mary fix.

Press the button for your trailer back up assist.

A message should pop up that it is detecting trailer, although one will not be connected.

Push the button to turn off the back up assist

Then go into your menu and select no active trailer.
This worked for me!
Sponsored