• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
I am not talking about the cord, it is the splice plug that isn't going to be waterproof. How would you like standing in the puddle when that short happens?
I don't have the answer to that, but I would think this concern would be apparent to the engineers working on this.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
The only splice that is waterproof is totally sealed. This splice should never be allowed to be placed on the ground or be near standing water.

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
Received my NACS to CCs adapter today, and this thing is solid! The build quality is great. Can't wait for the network to open.

PXL_20240116_165909489.PORTRAIT.jpg
Congratulations. Thanks for posting. Mine is supposed to arrive next week.

I spoke to the company and was satisfied that it i is in regular contact with Ford. Integration with the Pass app will happen once the Ford/Tesla software is debugged. It is supposed to be seamless -- I bet that is more aspirational than realistic. After well over a year, I still havent used all the DC credit I got as part of the purchase.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
We'll still need their (or someones) $200 NACS to CCS adapter since this is just NACS on both ends only. I imagine they could continue to "crush it" by making a NACS to CCS cable - which is what some of us thought Ford/Tesla might provide.

I can't imagine Tesla would be too happy with their attached NACS head now being in the middle and thus drug along the ground. If this were only 2 feet long - it would prevent that and still be useful. But the pic looks like 6-10 feet.

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
OP
OP

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
We'll still need their (or someones) $200 NACS to CCS adapter since this is just NACS on both ends only. I imagine they could continue to "crush it" by making a NACS to CCS cable - which is what some of us thought Ford/Tesla might provide.

I can't imagine Tesla would be too happy with their attached NACS head now being in the middle and thus drug along the ground. If this were only 2 feet long - it would prevent that and still be useful. But the pic looks l
ike 6-10 feet.
It looks like a generic picture from their 48 amp cable. I think it's entirely possible it is much shorter than 6 to 10 feet.

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER

Sponsored

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Received my NACS to CCs adapter today, and this thing is solid! The build quality is great. Can't wait for the network to open.

PXL_20240116_165909489.PORTRAIT.jpg
I got mine the other day as well. It feels very well made. Heavier than my 80amp adapter for a Tesla destination charger. Also, the case was a nice touch. I can't wait til we can use it.

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Just curious when you placed the order so we can kind of gauge when to expect our orders.
I placed my order on 11/6/23 and should have received it this past Wed. Weather delayed UPS a couple days so I got it on Friday instead.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I am a little surprised that we have not heard a peep out of Tesla or Ford as we were told that the Superchargers would open up to Ford in February. We should have at least heard something!
Sponsored