• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV spotted

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
RAM REV CHARGER or whatever they're calling it is going to be THE hybrid truck. Driven only by electric motors, the V6 will only serve as a range extending generator. Simple, and powerful, that's what I would want in a hybrid.

FWIW the R1T is a great looking mid-size truck, as long as the headlights don't turn you off of it. I love it for what it is, but I wanted to be in a full size truck, and the Lightning is the best available. The Silverado is doing some things right. Definitely improved aerodynamics over the regular Silverado and even over the Lightning, and packed to the gills with batteries. It's impressive range and power, and I really like the 400/800v battery switching to increase charging. I hope it succeeds, because I want other manufactures to take notes on what it does right.
Looks like it will be all electric with 2 battery options: https://www.ramtrucks.com/electric/ram-1500-rev.html
Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Yeah, I think you are right. I read where that RamCharger might not be out till 2026. It takes that all EV REV + an onboard gas generator that will add another 150 miles range…so 650 miles vs. 500 miles for the ER REV without the generator.
Easy to announce stuff. Hard to get to market in meaningful volume. That is RAM's battle, and has proven to be quite the hurdle for GM as well.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
Just saw a white Silverado EV the other day (probably WT)... didn't like the looks at all, so I cancelled my reservation today :crackup:

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
The RAM looks like the best of both worlds, but it's also a RAM so getting the 1st gen could get interesting.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Jalopnik Review of the Silverado EV is pretty scathing...
https://jalopnik.com/2024-chevrolet-silverado-ev-rst-s-good-ideas-are-oversh-1851496588

Maybe a full-size pickup truck shouldn't weigh 9000lbs.
Jalopnik is somewhat biased against EVs in general, but I agree with their Silverado EV review. I’ve been able to ride in one, a local dealer was doing demo drives/rides and had another one parked that people could check out. Overall, I prefer the Lightning. The Silverado rode more like a Cadillac or big floaty car and it sits lower. But you can feel the extra weight…. It’s just not appealing. The Hummer EV is the same way, but more fitting for the Hummer name. I really wanted to like the Hummer EV — all-electric, off-road pickup with a lot of design cues from past Hummers and Jeep as well. But it’s just over-the top excessive and yet still misses the mark or just doesn’t have key features one would expect.

That satin Moonshot Green color that only comes on the Hummer EV SUV is pretty awesome though…

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I got to drive a Silverado EV 4WT. Drove fine, but $80K for a work truck was a bit much, when compared to what you get in a Lariat ER.

It also looks like GM has taken Henry Ford’s color palate to heart - - you can have any color you want as long as it’s either Fleet White or Fleet Black. This applies to both the work trucks and the RSTs.
Sponsored