• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV 2025 Estimation on Reservations

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just thought I'd post this, I have a very early reservation for a Silverado EV. If I log into to their system to manage my reservation this is what it is currently showing me:

Chevrolet SILVERADO EV
WT OR RST

Estimated MSRP (Excludes DFC*) Starting at:
$39,900.00

*Estimated Destination Freight Charge is $1,695; subject to change. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees, optional equipment, and other options. Participating dealer determines final price.

I've lately been reading fall 2023 to summer 2024.

It could also signal when Ford might release the Lightning's 2nd Gen with (potentially) a full redesign and new battery structure? I thought it was interesting...could just be a placeholder to not upset reservation holders if there are delays.
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
But Ford is soooo awful I can't believe they raised prices..... Lol clearly joking. Anyone who think Chevy is gonna have great production numbers and "low" prices hasn't been watch Ford, Rivian or Tesla. I was hovering over the select your dealer button on the Silverado EV and couldn't do it on a minute one reservation. I hope I'm wrong but GM doesn't have a great history with EV production numbers.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I manage a fleet of 140 mostly Chevrolet trucks for my employer. I asked my fleet guy to put me first in line for a fleet Silverado EV as soon as possible. Since I buy 30+ trucks there each year I kind of expect some preferential treatment on a fleet order. I also have a personal reservation, but made it a few days in so I don’t expect a truck from that until 2030.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I have a day 1 reservation for the SEV, by the time I can buy one I might actually be ready for a new vehicle! I still don't understand why the reservation is only WT/RST. I'm not likely to buy either of those trims. Are the mid-level trims going to be even later than 2025? Ford really scooped GM on this EV truck market.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a day 1 reservation for the SEV, by the time I can buy one I might actually be ready for a new vehicle! I still don't understand why the reservation is only WT/RST. I'm not likely to buy either of those trims. Are the mid-level trims going to be even later than 2025? Ford really scooped GM on this EV truck market.
Chevy is taking a different approach.

Ford designed the Lightning around the current F-150 ICE platform which allowed them to roll out rapidly. Chevy is designing their EV from the ground up...that explains the big gap in release dates.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Chevy is taking a different approach.

Ford designed the Lightning around the current F-150 ICE platform which allowed them to roll out rapidly. Chevy is designing their EV from the ground up...that explains the big gap in release dates.

I understand that. And that decision allowed Ford to scoop them. Ford also has their "ground up" version planned for 2025 release. Ford simply got the jump on them.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My “manage reservation” page hasn’t changed to show a year yet. Probably hasn’t filtered down to me yet, but I reserved inside of 15 seconds lol. We’ll see how the used Lightning market is when it shows up.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Chevrolet SILVERADO EV
WT OR RST

Estimated MSRP (Excludes DFC*) Starting at:
$39,900.00
Bookmarking this for those who are complaining about the MY2022-23 Lightning not having an 800 volt battery/charging system.

Edit: My point is that they would have waited until 2024-25 for the first Lightning deliveries and would have ended up paying more, most likely.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Bookmarking this for those who are complaining about the MY2022-23 Lightning not having an 800 volt battery/charging system.
Does the GM EV have 800V charging ability ?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Does the GM EV have 800V charging ability ?
Higher trims will have 800V battery packs (actually two 400V packs in series) and 800V/350kW capability. I'm assuming the lower trims will have 400V packs and 175-200kW capability.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I clicked on the link and it says "Reservation Not Found," and tells me to call the Chevy concierge. The local dealer called me shortly after the reservation and asked if I wanted the cheap or expensive model. I said the cheap one and he probably canceled my Avalanch EV on the spot.

I'll call the concierge number eventually to see what's going on. Anyone else getting this error?

P.S. - I'd much rather have Ford EV Truck Model 2 or Cybertruck as my next EV. That's why I'm not too bothered.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I clicked on the link and it says "Reservation Not Found," and tells me to call the Chevy concierge. The local dealer called me shortly after the reservation and asked if I wanted the cheap or expensive model. I said the cheap one and he probably canceled my Avalanch EV on the spot.

I'll call the concierge number eventually to see what's going on. Anyone else getting this error?

P.S. - I'd much rather have Ford EV Truck Model 2 or Cybertruck as my next EV. That's why I'm not too bothered.
I had to download chrome on my surface to get my reservation to pop up, which I hate. Firefox and Safari on multiple devices wouldn’t work. Before that it said the same thing. Not found.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

I had that error originally when checking.

Their login system is case sensitive, my email was capitalized and that was causing the error. Might not be the same issue you are having but that was a hiccup for me.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Chevy will clearly make high end versions first, and will not release Pro/XLT equivalent models until 2025.

There are lot of complains on limited number of Pros and price hike, but hey, at least Ford has some to offer. Ford did not deliver high end models ONLY, and Lightning price increase is much less than Tesla.

So feel grateful and enjoy Lightning.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Chevy is taking a different approach...
Actually, the lead designer for the Lightning says that from day 1 they were designing a BRAND NEW PLATFORM for the Lightning - the chassis and rails and everything 'under' the cab and bed of the truck is BRAND NEW. The 'look' of the Lightning as compared to the F150 Supercrew is what is more 'stock', even though, as you can imagine, a lot of that is still DIFFERENT.

Ford wanted the Lightning to LOOK like an F150, not that it was using existing F150 parts, even though you can also imagine that they would, for what parts that would continue to fit the new design.
Sponsored