• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SOC Display on Instrument Display

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I just noticed my % charge displays on the lefthand circular scale for the discharging / regenerating Display on the display with the Lane Centering Truck Status while driving. I have wished for this for some time. I used to just see the Range estimate. Did the recent updating do this?
Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
That update first came out at least 6 months ago, I have it for about that time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I just noticed my % charge displays on the lefthand circular scale for the discharging / regenerating Display on the display with the Lane Centering Truck Status while driving. I have wished for this for some time. I used to just see the Range estimate. Did the recent updating do this?
Did you get 6.8.0 before they shut down distribution?
Check you Fordpass app, Vehicle -> Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes

OP
OP
Sealevel

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
That update first came out at least 6 months ago, I have it for about that time.
I just noticed it. Guess I didn't look close enough. I wonder what other surprises I will finally notice. 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
If you didn't get the %SOC display in an earlier update(my fate), Power Up 6.8 provides it. 6.8 made several other changes. The Speed Limit indicator, if you use that, is now on the lower left of the speedometer rather than the lower right. If you use Blue Cruise, the set speed is displayed near the Speed Limit sign display rather than in the middle of the speedometer, a change I don't like. The way the Blue Cruise in-action display on the left side of the dash looks is different, too, but I'm not about to try to take a picture of it as I'm driving down the highway! Your dash is basically going to look different after 6.8.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sealevel

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Check you Fordpass app, Vehicle -> Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes
If you didn't get the %SOC display in an earlier update(my fate), Power Up 6.8 provides it. 6.8 made several other changes. The Speed Limit indicator, if you use that, is now on the lower left of the speedometer rather than the lower right. If you use Blue Cruise, the set speed is displayed near the Speed Limit sign display rather than in the middle of the speedometer, a change I don't like. The way the Blue Cruise in-action display on the left side of the dash looks is different, too, but I'm not about to try to take a picture of it as I'm driving down the highway! Your dash is basically going to look different after 6.8.
Thank you. I don't have BC, and so far have only seen the Speed Limit on my Navigation screen. I had an MME that had the Speed Limit flash on the Instrument Cluster when I exceeded it.

OP
OP
Sealevel

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Taxman - I just got 6.8 update on Dec 20th. That's likely why I just noticed it.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
"Did you get 6.8.0 before they shut down distribution?
Check you Fordpass app, Vehicle -> Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes"
I'm not seeing "Recent Changes. " @TaxmanHog
Ford F-150 Lightning SOC Display on Instrument Display Screenshot_20231226_212034_FordPass

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
What do you mean by ”they shut down distribution “?

I am at 6.4.0. Does that mean I will never get 6.8.0?

p.s. I didn’t know there was a film about Taxman:

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What do you mean by ”they shut down distribution “?

I am at 6.4.0. Does that mean I will never get 6.8.0?

p.s. I didn’t know there was a film about Taxman:

It's been observed by the guys doing FDRS research that 6.8.0 has caused a few MME's to brick and the update has been put on hold. I'm sure once they figure out the problem a revision will be sent.

Boy, that would have been an interesting twist in my career, we do have international liaison's in all major countries, paired with a small team of revenue agents and revenue officers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
"Did you get 6.8.0 before they shut down distribution?
Check you Fordpass app, Vehicle -> Features & Settings -> Software Updates -> Recent Changes"

Screenshot_20231226_212034_FordPass.jpg
Should see something after your first successful update.

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
I just noticed it. Guess I didn't look close enough. I wonder what other surprises I will finally notice. 🤷‍♂️ 🤔
It may have come out six months ago, but many of us didn't get the update with SOC until now. I just got it last week in 6.8. Guess I'm lucky?

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Screenshot_20231226_212034_FordPass.jpg
What's funny (or not so funny) is I know my truck is setup for automatic updates and is scheduled to check each day, however, the app shows the opposite: that updates are not enabled. Which do I believe? And why is there a disagreement?

papajon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat w/ extended batte
Occupation
Retired
Where does one get to see the update number? All I see is a vague description of what may have changed.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
What's funny (or not so funny) is I know my truck is setup for automatic updates and is scheduled to check each day, however, the app shows the opposite: that updates are not enabled. Which do I believe? And why is there a disagreement?
There is sometimes disagreement between app and truck especially if there was a recent change. I would trust what the truck says.
Sponsored