• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Standard Range Backup Power Activation Fee?

L-A2!48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Standard Range Backup Power Activation Fee? 1661370408585

Thinking of getting the standard range package but also considering the HIS. Does anyone know what the software activation fee costs?
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I think I read it was $1,000 or $2,000. You're much better off having a transfer switch installed with an NEMA L-30 inlet plug, just like you'd use for a gas powered generator. Just make sure it's a transfer switch with a bonded neutral, a regular interlok kit won't work

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
1661370408585.png

Thinking of getting the standard range package but also considering the HIS. Does anyone know what the software activation fee costs?
I say all the below from a point of confusion, not authority:

I think this is only talking about what it takes for a SR truck to use the FCSP, not that a SR truck can run HIS.

my understanding is that ER is a required option to utilize HIS (which also requires use of the FCSP).

so when this says an SR truck requires activating IBP software, it merely means some portion of the software that functions to allow the SR batter to interact with an 80A charger

That said, anything around HIS seems a sh*tshow, so who knows

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I say all the below from a point of confusion, not authority:

I think this is only talking about what it takes for a SR truck to use the FCSP, not that a SR truck can run HIS.

my understanding is that ER is a required option to utilize HIS (which also requires use of the FCSP).

so when this says an SR truck requires activating IBP software, it merely means some portion of the software that functions to allow the SR batter to interact with an 80A charger

That said, anything around HIS seems a sh*tshow, so who knows
Correct. The SR can plug in and charge to the FCSP without any issue. It is software limited from having Intelligent backup. So, even if you bought the HIS system, had SunRun install it, backup power wouldn't work with an SR unless you pay Ford to activate it.

A transfer switch, while less "intelligent" requires no messing around with SunRun or paying Ford more money, so it's likely better option for an SR owner

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
backup power wouldn't work with an SR unless you pay Ford to activate it.
im surprised to learn that an SR is comparable with HIS at all - I thought it was ER dependent, as a hardware matter not as a trim / permissions matter

though on second thought, still, any HIS related is surprising (so far)

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
A transfer switch, while less "intelligent" requires no messing around with SunRun or paying Ford more money, so it's likely better option for an SR owner
ive reached this conclusion, as even an ER owner

Now I’m on to trying to make sure my electrician has it all understood to make even the transfer switch approach work

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ive reached this conclusion, as even an ER owner

Now I’m on to trying to make sure my electrician has it all understood to make even the transfer switch approach work
When the first electrician I had out said "what's a bonded neutral" I knew I was going to need someone else!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
newb question... what's HIS

I wasn't aware of the activation fee. Can't you pay them using 22k fordpass points
Home Integration System

it’s the parts of the “intelligent backup” that are bolt-on house herpes other than the Pro charger

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think I read it was $1,000 or $2,000. You're much better off having a transfer switch installed with an NEMA L-30 inlet plug, just like you'd use for a gas powered generator. Just make sure it's a transfer switch with a bonded neutral, a regular interlok kit won't work
I believe you want the transfer switch to have a “switched neutral”, not a bonded neutral.

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I can't imagine what would justify this option. From my limited research it's going to cost me upwards of $10K to have all the parts installed and operative...and that's with an ER. It's similar to the enphase system that is currently being installed on my house that touts it can "grid form" in a power outage...sure, for another $15K or so my solar installer told me (along with telling me not to bother).

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Home Integration System

it’s the parts of the “intelligent backup” that are bolt-on house herpes other than the Pro charger
I went with the SunRun contractor-installed Home Integration System at our Florida place. There have been some communication issues and the subcontractor/inspection process resulted in requiring upgrade to 200 amps for the house, so new panels, but they have been okay to deal with and the final solution is elegant, fully integrated with the truck, unlike ALL of the other third-party answers, or a manual switch. My issue is that I want to be able to leave the truck plugged in and available for backup while we are away for weeks at a time, sometimes months, and have it just work. A properly installed HIS will do that. All of the others require user intervention.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I think you meant to say a switched neutral, not bonded.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I went with the SunRun contractor-installed Home Integration System at our Florida place. There have been some communication issues and the subcontractor/inspection process resulted in requiring upgrade to 200 amps for the house, so new panels, but they have been okay to deal with and the final solution is elegant, fully integrated with the truck, unlike ALL of the other third-party answers, or a manual switch. My issue is that I want to be able to leave the truck plugged in and available for backup while we are away for weeks at a time, sometimes months, and have it just work. A properly installed HIS will do that. All of the others require user intervention.
Wow, you are the only one I've heard of with a complete HIS install done by Sunrun. A few weeks back there were only two in whole northeast completed. When I heard sunrun was going to have a local contractor do who had never done before I opted out. Could you post some pictures on this thread as many of us would be interested on how it all turned out.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-system-self-install.11022/page-6#post-249596
Sponsored