• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Standard Range Backup Power Activation Fee?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I went with the SunRun contractor-installed Home Integration System at our Florida place. There have been some communication issues and the subcontractor/inspection process resulted in requiring upgrade to 200 amps for the house, so new panels, but they have been okay to deal with and the final solution is elegant, fully integrated with the truck, unlike ALL of the other third-party answers, or a manual switch. My issue is that I want to be able to leave the truck plugged in and available for backup while we are away for weeks at a time, sometimes months, and have it just work. A properly installed HIS will do that. All of the others require user intervention.
i applaud you for going through with it.

I tried. I really did. But in the end I couldn’t stomach SunRun.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
No idea. There's only one from SunRun/Ford.
apparently, although I admit this is all unclear, there are multiple versions (as many as 6?) but the main two being either a 4kWh or 10kWh - and that SunRun not “understanding” this is one of many complaints/questions regarding their agility with their own systems? (Obviously someone at SunRun understands it, but question is whether the people in the field doing these the first time have an understanding.)

I’m just blindly reporting what I’m being told by people who appear far more agile than me (ie they’re installing themselves)

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Wow, you are the only one I've heard of with a complete HIS install done by Sunrun. A few weeks back there were only two in whole northeast completed. When I heard sunrun was going to have a local contractor do who had never done before I opted out. Could you post some pictures on this thread as many of us would be interested on how it all turned out.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-system-self-install.11022/page-6#post-249596
will do when I have the pics. It was completed last week, but I haven't seen it yet, as we are at our Virginia farm until Sept 10, and it was done at the Florida house. Technically it hasn't been fully tested, as the truck is also with me, I will meet the contractor on Sept 12.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
will do when I have the pics. It was completed last week, but I haven't seen it yet, as we are at our Virginia farm until Sept 10, and it was done at the Florida house. Technically it hasn't been fully tested, as the truck is also with me, I will meet the contractor on Sept 12.
Since it is not suppling power to the grid did you need to get a PTO from electric company. Some places require whenever you have a MID to disconnect from grid.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I can't imagine what would justify this option. From my limited research it's going to cost me upwards of $10K to have all the parts installed and operative...and that's with an ER. It's similar to the enphase system that is currently being installed on my house that touts it can "grid form" in a power outage...sure, for another $15K or so my solar installer told me (along with telling me not to bother).
I haven't looked at the technical docs for the enphase IQ system (formerly encharge I believe), but isn't there a generator port? I'm planning on a DIY battery system and the AIO inverter I'm looking at has a generator port. I will likely do around 20kwh of batteries, and then manually plug in the truck to the generator port from the 240v 30a onboard from my SR.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
but isn't there a generator port?
I don't know...it's being installed within the next few weeks and I haven't dug into the details this time around (did solar in 2016 on a different home).

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I believe you want the transfer switch to have a “switched neutral”, not a bonded neutral.
Exactly what I was thinking. You need a 3P switch to fully switch both phases and the neutral.
Sponsored