• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4a Bug: 24 Hour Time

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine used to automatically reselect 12 hour clock. Now it stays with 24 hour selected, but after a driving cycle it displays as 12 hour clock.

Scott
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I have the same problem - ugh
Today, I got in my truck and the clock was functioning in the 24 hour mode for the first leg of my trip. When I got back in after a 20 minute stop and restarted the truck, it reverted back to the 12 hour (AM/PM) mode. I reset the clock to the 24 hour mode. For the third and fourth legs, the truck again reverted to the 12 hour (AM/FM) mode at each restart. This is getting frustrating.

What am I saying? I am frustrated.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Today, I got in my truck and the clock was functioning in the 24 hour mode for the first leg of my trip. When I got back in after a 20 minute stop and restarted the truck, it reverted back to the 12 hour (AM/PM) mode. I reset the clock to the 24 hour mode. For the third and fourth legs, the truck again reverted to the 12 hour (AM/FM) mode at each restart. This is getting frustrating.

What am I saying? I am frustrated.
Hey there! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this clock format concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I take it back. I noticed the problem, again, yesterday. This is after receiving the Ford Power-Up update for "Improved DC Fast Charging."
Ford F-150 Lightning Sync 4a Bug: 24 Hour Time IMG_4195

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I too have this issue. It says, '24 horu clocke enabled' but it displays a 12 hour clock. Given Ford knows about this problem, why can it not be fixed? What's so complicated?
The DEV's have limited resources (man hours) and there are higher priority issues to resolve.

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
I HATE companies, and businesses that take that aditude or use it as an excuse!!
That would be pretty shitie of Ford to do that to us. As a customer we need Ford just as much as Ford needs us in this Lightning endeavor. I would think with Ford's multi million/billion dollar IT division this should be a piece of cake patch that should be easily and quickly addressed to eliminate any further complaints posted against Fords Lightning. Just like the heated steering wheel retrofit
Yes I'm also a 24hr clock user in the same boat.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
PLEASE NOTE:

My statements are ~my opinion~ based on real life experiences with old school bureaucratic institutions that struggle to come fully into the 21st century, I empathize with what Ford engineers and developers struggle with to accomplish goals customers expect especially those who cut their teeth with companies using cutting edge techniques and not hampered by legacy thinking, give em a break folks, I'm certain low priority issues will come around at some point.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
This bug has been fixed in the next suite of OTA updates that will be rolling out
I must have just gotten my update last night. While the clock reads in the 24 hour format now, the mirrors stopped folding when locking the doors.
Sponsored