• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Just received an email titled " New SYNC 4A screens coming to your vehicle." After a few clicks you get to this page:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-updates/sync-4-updates-november-2022/

" More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats."

Contains some other changes too:

Updated with details - posted by @ResidualJinx

SYNC 4 Updates - November 2022

Dialing Up Your In-Vehicle Experience

The latest Ford Power-Up software update includes enhancements to the design of SYNC®* itself. It offers new features and refinements based on your feedback.

A Bigger Experience
We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ interfaces, as well as other features like navigation.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 60f9003b-f50a-4643-a5e9-006076b9e34d-

Added Dial Functionality
More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 3746f0fe-f961-497d-bb5d-f4249f3940c7-

Simple Refinements
We've updated the status bar at the top of the screen, implementing new, clear icons that make it easier to read. Settings and controls have been consolidated and reordered so you can more easily access drive modes and Ford Power-Up software update details — all to help provide enhanced visibility and usability. We've even improved access to gaming, video streaming and third-party Wi-Fi networks.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 5ff2d579-91f9-419f-bc17-f32a94b4ebc4-

Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
  • Simple Update Scheduling: View and accept prescheduled update times from the convenience of your in-vehicle screen
  • Drive Modes: Quickly interact with, and easily change, your onscreen drive mode
  • In Development: Set a recurring schedule for Ford Power-Up software updates through the FordPass®** App
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just received an email titled " New SYNC 4A screens coming to your vehicle." After a few clicks you get to this page:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-updates/sync-4-updates-november-2022/

" More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats."

Contains some other changes too.
Love how it says it is for November. Given how many are still waiting on 3.5.5, I suspect this will be awhile in rolling out.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
SYNC 4 Updates - November 2022
Dialing Up Your In-Vehicle Experience
The latest Ford Power-Up software update includes enhancements to the design of SYNC®* itself. It offers new features and refinements based on your feedback.
A Bigger Experience
We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ interfaces, as well as other features like navigation.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 60f9003b-f50a-4643-a5e9-006076b9e34d

Added Dial Functionality
More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 3746f0fe-f961-497d-bb5d-f4249f3940c7

Simple Refinements
We've updated the status bar at the top of the screen, implementing new, clear icons that make it easier to read. Settings and controls have been consolidated and reordered so you can more easily access drive modes and Ford Power-Up software update details — all to help provide enhanced visibility and usability. We've even improved access to gaming, video streaming and third-party Wi-Fi networks.
Ford F-150 Lightning SYNC 4A Improvement email confirms dial will control climate + other upgrades / changes 5ff2d579-91f9-419f-bc17-f32a94b4ebc4

Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
  • Simple Update Scheduling: View and accept prescheduled update times from the convenience of your in-vehicle screen
  • Drive Modes: Quickly interact with, and easily change, your onscreen drive mode
  • In Development: Set a recurring schedule for Ford Power-Up software updates through the FordPass®** App

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am going to try and update the APIM using FDRS and see if it's available. I will check back in once I try!

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
Love how it says it is for November. Given how many are still waiting on 3.5.5, I suspect this will be awhile in rolling out.
I thought 3.5.5 was paused due to some kind of issue?

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Truly great to see Ford doing this and trying, but truly with the issues they have getting the other simple updates out I hope they are revising the update process.

@Mike G I'm guessing that the recent GWY and APIM updates have to be preparing for this in some way. Glad you are able to install those, I guess the rest of us will need to be out hunting for 4 leaf clovers in hopes of getting updated in a smooth fashion.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I thought 3.5.5 was paused due to some kind of issue?
Likely they have wrapped that into the bigger update or it will still come along later.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Nice! The dial for climate settings was a no brainer, i’m glad they got on it.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nice! The dial for climate settings was a no brainer, i’m glad they got on it.
Yup agree - I never have used the volume control on the Sync screen once.

It's good to see it's getting re-purposed!

Maybe the future OTA will have adjustable 1PD regen levels ????

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I suspect it's coming in the next few days to anyone getting this email.

Sponsored

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Designer
Not seeing the Camera tab in the left column now. Hoping they have made the 360 camera a one-touch option in some way.
Whoops, I see they’ve moved it to a button towards the bottom. That sucks, even more of a distraction when trying to park. At least the tab is right near the top after you open the menu. C’mon Ford…

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Awesome, just received the email, now to sort out why the PU which is pending won't install, either scheduled or immediate, plugged into EVSE and not, after long & short drive to top off LVB, it just won't start the update, after the 2 minute count down runs.

Reactions: GDN

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Whoops, I see they’ve moved it to a button towards the bottom. That sucks, even more of a distraction when trying to park. At least the tab is right near the top after you open the menu. C’mon Ford…
Wish they would allow for additional things to be pinned where alexa button is. Tesla allows certain items to be pinned. I'd pin camera and drive mode for sure.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If anyone wants to find out about Software update this is the OTA team numbers

1-833-926-3233

I called and they said I am up to date and currently there are no updates for my VIN.:cry:

They also told me everything was perfect on the Truck and updates will go through when they are available for my VIN.

So, should we start another inquiry spreadsheet to see the difference in update between early builds and late builds?

How many getting these update are EAP?

Edit: I also received the email before I called OTA team
Sponsored

Last edited: