• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 23 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Updated with Elon Musk's first comment after supercharger team layoffs:

"Tesla still plans to grow the Supercharger network, just at a slower pace for new locations and more focus on 100% uptime and expansion of existing locations"

News Article:

https://electrek.co/2024/04/29/tesl...cluding-entire-supercharger-team/#more-360146

At a time when EVs are switching to the NACS standard and Tesla is opening up the Supercharger network to all EVs, this is not good.

At minimum, how do you maintain the current network when youve fired the 500+ person team responsible for it? Article also intimates that supercharging expansion may halt after planned sites are finished.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
https://electrek.co/2024/04/29/tesl...cluding-entire-supercharger-team/#more-360146

At a time when EVs are switching to the NACS standard and Tesla is opening up the Supercharger network to all EVs, this is not good.

At minimum, how do you maintain the current network when youve fired the 500+ person team responsible for it? Article also intimates that supercharging expansion may halt after planned sites are finished.
China has become a competitive market for Tesla where they had to lower prices significantly to compete with other EV companies there. Not surprised by this at all. Also, Ford should hire that Supercharger Team!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
What the actual hell? That’s bizarre and not great for the industry.

We can hope Ford will snap up some of the top people laid off and maybe EA will try to hire some of the Supercharger team. Wishful thinking, I know.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
He's fired the executives and says that the whole team should go. Unlikely they'd can the whole division but we'll have to see what actually happens and who actually gets laid off.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I guess dream of longer charging cables may have to go on hold.

Lets supercharge while we can before reliability goes down the tube. With nobody around to enforce the terms of agreements, commercial vehicles may start flooding superchargers too.

Musk has always been interested in getting into markets that did not exist. He does not have monopoly on EVs anymore and as competition heats up profits must go down so he may be putting all his eggs in autonomy basket. IF he can get that to work with vision only, it will be a much easier way to make money. He can rinse and repeat with all kinda robots.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Tesla stock jumped up 15% yesterday ($25.76 a share).

Wonder what it will do today.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla fires whole Supercharger team [Update: Musk says supercharger growth will continue] Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.46.53 AM

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He's fired the executives and says that the whole team should go. Unlikely they'd can the whole division but we'll have to see what actually happens and who actually gets laid off.
Fired. not "should go":
"Tesla’s Senior Director of EV charging, would be leaving the company on Tuesday, along with nearly all of her 500-person charging team (“a few” employees will be reassigned to other teams, according to The Information)."

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Fired. not "should go":
"Tesla’s Senior Director of EV charging, would be leaving the company on Tuesday, along with nearly all of her 500-person charging team (“a few” employees will be reassigned to other teams, according to The Information)."
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...-more-layoffs-information-reports-2024-04-30/

The source " the information" is paywalled but nothing is clear as of yet. The execs are departing today, the staff is yet to be tallied.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sounds like Tesla might pull back on SC access…..

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Sounds like Tesla might pull back on SC access…..

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.
No way a company like Ford doesn't have an iron clad contract for this. Especially knowing who they are dealing with. Not saying muskrat wouldn't try to violate it...

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
I was on the NC Outer Banks Sunday. Only DCFC is Tesla, since I had my adapter I decided to take the Lightning. I tried 6 different stalls, plug and charge, activating with Fordpass, activating with Tesla. Nothing would work. I had to drive an pray to a recently opened Freewire charger in Columbia, NC. Thankfully it worked and I wasn't stranded. I wanted the whole Supercharger team fired, I just didn't realize Elon would act so quickly on my behalf.

Edit: I would think activating the station with the Tesla app would be enough indication that I was at the right station, but just to clarify I WAS AT THE RIGHT STATION.

Last edited:

stevey_frac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT
I was on the NC Outer Banks Sunday. Only DCFC is Tesla, since I had my adapter I decided to take the Lightning. I tried 6 different stalls, plug and charge, activating with Fordpass, activating with Tesla. Nothing would work. I had to drive an pray to a recently opened Freewire charger in Columbia, NC. Thankfully it worked and I wasn't stranded. I wanted the whole Supercharger team fired, I just didn't realize Elon would act so quickly on my behalf.
Not all superchargers are available to us. Just some of them. It has to show up in the Tesla app as available for third party charging.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The only Tesla SueperCharger location in the Outer Banks area that you can use is in Nags Head.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo... North Carolina Hwy 12, Buxton, NC 27920, USA

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Which supercharger location?
Sponsored