• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I guess it'll 'have' to be via an app, since SuperChargers do not have 'screens' or any card 'swipe' machine : )

Reactions: GDN

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I assume Uncle Sam must be writing Tesla a massive check, or else this makes no sense for them.
I think it makes a lot of sense for the stations that have lower occupancy rates. Running a charging network is expensive and it's a way to harvest more revenue. It would indirectly benefit Tesla drivers because Tesla would have more cash flow to continue to expand the network.

It makes less sense for Superchargers that are already packed with Teslas 24/7.

I hope the conversion happens fast. There are some more rural Supercharger locations in my area that would make our RV trips a lot easier.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Even with congestion, coming from a Tesla to my lightning this is huge. I love everything about my truck! The charging network in my area of commute leaves a LOT to be desired. EA is trying but nearly every station I have visited (4 across AZ and CA) has either had 1 or more chargers down or charging at significantly reduced rate (30kw out of a 150kw charger) Tesla in my experience has been reliable and easy) waiting a little bit for a charger that WORKS is far better then pulling up to a station with questionable charging speeds at best

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I assume Uncle Sam must be writing Tesla a massive check, or else this makes no sense for them. Tesla's competitive advantage in charging is a key reason they are the leader in the EV space today. My SR Lightning just started to look a lot better, thanks Tesla!
I disagree. Think about how far Tesla is ahead of everyone else in charging. And while they're bumping prices up, they can turn it into a profit center. Talk about Standard Oil v2.0! All they have to do is design a relatively inexpensive adapter available at each stall. Sure, it'll piss off any Tesla driver waiting in line for a supercharger filled with F-150 Lightnings, but there will be plenty of time to adjust to that.

Gasdz

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY, Tesla MX, Jeep Wagoneer, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Healthcare
Tesla isn’t getting a check from the government, in fact, the government is routinely passing them over for contracts (see Texas, yes the same Texas that Tesla moved it’s HQ to).

In order to keep non-Tesla traffic low, they will more than likely be charging more per kWh to non-Tesla vehicles. You can go to anywhere in the lower 48 without range anxiety via Tesla’s network. Their network is superior, and years ahead of anyone else.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Tesla isn’t getting a check from the government, in fact, the government is routinely passing them over for contracts (see Texas, yes the same Texas that Tesla moved it’s HQ to).

In order to keep non-Tesla traffic low, they will more than likely be charging more per kWh to non-Tesla vehicles. You can go to anywhere in the lower 48 without range anxiety via Tesla’s network. Their network is superior, and years ahead of anyone else.
For the infrequently I need it and the convenience, I’m okay with that to an extent

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
If this happens, it'll be a disincentive to buy a Tesla. While all other EVs will be able to access the SC network, Teslas still won't be able to access CCS networks. From an infrastructure perspective, that'll instantly put Teslas at a charging disadvantage.

Not to mention annoyed Tesla owners, finding non-Teslas parked in the wrong charging spot. I'd imagine they'd need to bring back free supercharging for owners to keep their customer base.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Not to mention annoyed Tesla owners, finding non-Teslas parked in the wrong charging spot. I'd imagine they'd need to bring back free supercharging for owners to keep their customer base.
I can’t wait to block the chargers from a Tesla! Gonna be the highlight of owning a Lightning I think.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Many cars can/do have a plug and charge ability.
Anyone who has an EV needs to have a few ways to activate a charger. Trust me on that.

I'm all for being able to use Tesla stations. They are already in places that have been thought out for distance and need in most cases. The big transformers are in place and agreements for power from electric companies have been agreed to. It's a win win in my opinion. Tesla car owners may not like it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This thread is quite amusing. Butt hurt Ford boys get access to the best thing in the World that makes their truck better (truly the one thing it is missing - a decent charging network) and they want to hold their middle finger up to the people that made it better.

I've still got one Model 3 in the garage and likely always will and I'm adding the Lightning. I'm OK with this from both sides of the asile.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Smart move by Tesla. Tesla owners won’t be upset at all, after all the future is here.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I think in EU it's not all charging stations. I imagine heavily used stations will not be included, which seems fair. I think right now the issue is more coverage than availability, which I think this will help a lot with potentially.

If I were Tesla, I wouldn't let non-Teslas in my stations, but that's just me. It's a serious advantage they have right now when shopping for EVs.
Sponsored