• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thor electronic exhaust?

OP
OP

peteratmsr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum, Lotus Evora GT
Ok, here is a picture of the classic car conversion. It's a very detailed replica of a 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder (by Beck).
Ford F-150 Lightning Thor electronic exhaust? 1709003680418

Here is a photo of the rear of the car, with the clamshell open. The big black box you see with the "MOMENT" letters contains 3 Tesla battery modules. Under that box is a Netgain Hyper9 electric drive motor. It is coupled directly into the original transaxle, which has upgraded gears to account for the greater torque of this motor.
Ford F-150 Lightning Thor electronic exhaust? 1709003815716

Under the front bonnet is another box with 2 Tesla battery modules. This has the same weight and location as the original fuel tank (full).

Overall I get about 170 miles of range (over 5.2mpk), since the entire car weighs only about 1500lbs.

It is very fun to drive, and of course it is also super, super reliable. As for noise, of course there is no engine noise. However, I do hear the transaxle whine and the creaks of the torsion bar suspension. It's a cool sound, but in a way not as nice as a good engine rumble.
Sponsored

OP
OP

peteratmsr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum, Lotus Evora GT
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I got a vanity plate for this car:
Ford F-150 Lightning Thor electronic exhaust? 1709004043775

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I would love something similar for the sake of the wildlife (deer, etc) that I note don't hear this truck, or move for it the way they did for the HEMIs and Cummins in my experience... I also think this price is pretty absurd for what it accomplishes, and reached out for a better deal. <crickets> Still waiting... someone will make something similar and cheaper before long. Not for everyone, but a measure of safety I'd appreciate in my neck of the literal woods. I'd probably only use the sound when there aren't any people to hear it, just me and Bambi.
Buy some deer whistles:

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/...are-deer-whistles-to-avoid-vehicle-collisions

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I can only assume you are suggesting this in jest, as the linked article uses the scientific method to dispel the myth that deer whistles work... (and suggests that speaker-played sound... falls on deaf ears as well)

From the article's conclusion: “Considering the challenges of producing sound at appropriate intensities and distances from a moving vehicle, deer hearing capabilities, human safety concerns, and our observed lack of behavioral responses of deer to sound treatments, auditory deterrents do not appear to be appropriate for prevention of deer-vehicle collisions.”
Sponsored