• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thought owning a Lightning would be rare, then one showed up around the corner from me!

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Perhaps I had deceived myself, or figured that in this first model year there wouldn’t be many Lightning owners in my city (population: 70,000+)

My wife and kids and I took our dog for an evening walk, and no kidding, 12 houses away from mine I spotted a brand new Platinum in a neighbors driveway. It was Oxford White (our Lariat is Star White).

I was definitely a bit crestfallen. Am I crazy for feeling that way? I know they will become more common into next year, but dang it!

How dare you, but also, way to go, Turlock, CA neighbor of mine!
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Well, seeing as how you live in Cali, I'm not too surprised that someone else in your neighborhood has one.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Here is some back of the envelope math to maybe make you feel better ..

There are about 12,000 Lightnings on the road right now and 120,000,000 households in America. If lightnings were equally divided amongst all homes regardless of location or socioeconomic status , you’d expect to see one in every 10,000 driveways . That being said , I live in a relatively affluent part of New York ( the Hamptons which is a rural area and not nyc) and I see five on my drive to work everyday . So if you live in a ZEV state and in town with a higher than median income average you can expect to see a lot more on average as compared to an area that doesn’t fit that mold .

That being said , anyone who purchases an electric version of America’s number one selling vehicle in overall sales and expects scarcity , should have probably bought the Hummer. for argument’s sake , I’m aware of two Rivian owners in my zip code of 5000 people. Also , out of all these vehicles , the lightning is the one on the road that will always get noticed less , by design .

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I thought i’d see more, actually. I haven’t seen any locally, no Rivians either.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
Also , out of all these vehicles , the lightning is the one on the road that will always get noticed less , by design .
I saw one for the first time in a parking lot and my wife happened to be in another car behind me. I stopped and pointed out my window so my wife would take a look. Later I asked what she thought and she didn't see it or understand what I was pointing at. Maybe it just takes time to get used to the futuristic designs but I'm very happy that it looks like a regular truck.

Sponsored

918Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
I haven’t seen a single lighting, outside of the demo at my dealership, but there are three different Rivians driving around my part of town (different colors). Likely the consequence of not living in a ZEV state. Ford prioritized this, Rivian did not.
[Tulsa, OK]

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’s an F-150, the last thing I expected was for it to be rare. I expected Pro’s to be everywhere like Model 3’s

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
In my neck of the woods they are still rare. That said it does get old showing it off to the people who notice. My biggest complaint is that Ford isn’t making enough of them!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Seen 3 Lucid Air between Tucson and Phoenix (they build them here so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised). I saw one Lightning with a wrap on it advertising test drives a couple months ago and that's been it. My dealer still doesn't have a demo model. I'm guessing the test drives was a one off from the only other dealer in town as I drive by it every day and haven't seen it again.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I am shocked that I have not seen a single one by me. I’ve probably seen 15 Rivians, though.

Sponsored

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I saw two of them in South Jersey, one was the same color as mine antimatter blue and the other white. The antimatter one pulled up to me and we chatted for a few seconds.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I haven't seen any locally until last week, then 2 in 2 days. Starting to see rivians weekly.

dannynoone

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Big 3 Automaker Manager
Here in Kokomo, Indiana I have yet to see another Lightning. I get quite a few questions and stares. And a lot of skeptics squawking about all the downfalls of EVs. No many in this conservative area want EVs.
Sponsored