• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trade In Value

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
23 Pro SR all options -tailgate step. 5000 miles. Silver no damage.

Any Ideas on trade value ? I tried Carvana KBB and a couple others and they all say not enough data to give you a price.
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
My guess, with the recent price reductions, low 40s for trade value. If selling on you own, you may be able to strech to high 40s to 50k

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Car gurus is giving me $65K, but I'm guessing after the recent price drop, it's gotta be wayyy off.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Any Ideas on trade value ? I tried Carvana KBB and a couple others and they all say not enough data to give you a price.
Obviously value is related to Supply vs Demand.

A Standard Range Pro may have some willing buyers, but the supply of NEW ones is ramping up...and a lower price $49,995 is the new MSRP.

A wild shot in the dark would be low 40's.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING

Some dealerships were trying to sell used Lightnings at or above the original MSRP, even with 5,000 miles on them. But with the price drop for a new one, that makes no sense. I told one dealership that, but they are still waiting for guidance on whether they can lower the price or not on new ones they have in stock, and used ones.

Of course, they want to make a profit on any used ones they bought from the original owner or at a repo auction, so they are loathe to factor in the Ford $10k price drop.

The normal resale value/depreciation for a normal vehicle should be 20% according to most market analysts, but the Lightning may be a special case because of the limited supply so far.

On-line used vehicle searches use the 20% figure even for the Lightning, but dealerships not so much.

Ford says the 3 year resale value of a 22 Lightning Pro is 60%.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2...ing-residual-values-lower-than-regular-f-150/

Trade in value is always less than resale value obviously.

A used Lightning does not get the $7500 new EV tax credit and the used $4000 tax credit has several requirements, such as price must be $25,000 or lower,

And since Ford dropped the price for a new one by close to $10k, that has to be figured in to the calculation.

Also, a new Chevy Silverado WT around $50k MSRP is still being talked about, time will tell.

As a potential buyer of a used Lightning, I and any dealership, would be weighing all those factors, along with all the problems people have reported here and elsewhere, which gives me pause.

I saw an ad today for a low mileage XLT priced at $60k:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/70c4ab8d-0c1a-4fc4-a70e-271abe043e66/

Good luck.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Let's be clear - residual value is a FORECAST of valuation. Ford has zero history with Mach-Es, or Lightnings, at 3 years. Nor of the current market.

In 2025 we'll know better.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I'd wager that when a dealer gives you a trade-in number, it's going to start with a 3.

IMO the truck is probably worth about $42-45k.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Some dealerships were trying to sell used Lightnings at or above the original MSRP, even with 5,000 miles on them. But with the price drop for a new one, that makes no sense. I told one dealership that, but they are still waiting for guidance on whether they can lower the price or not on new ones they have in stock, and used ones.

Of course, they want to make a profit on any used ones they bought from the original owner or at a repo auction, so they are loathe to factor in the Ford $10k price drop.

The normal resale value/depreciation for a normal vehicle should be 20% according to most market analysts, but the Lightning may be a special case because of the limited supply so far.

On-line used vehicle searches use the 20% figure even for the Lightning, but dealerships not so much.

Ford says the 3 year resale value of a 22 Lightning Pro is 60%.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/02/2...ing-residual-values-lower-than-regular-f-150/

Trade in value is always less than resale value obviously.

A used Lightning does not get the $7500 new EV tax credit and the used $4000 tax credit has several requirements, such as price must be $25,000 or lower,

And since Ford dropped the price for a new one by close to $10k, that has to be figured in to the calculation.

Also, a new Chevy Silverado WT around $50k MSRP is still being talked about, time will tell.

As a potential buyer of a used Lightning, I and any dealership, would be weighing all those factors, along with all the problems people have reported here and elsewhere, which gives me pause.

I saw an ad today for a low mileage XLT priced at $60k:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/70c4ab8d-0c1a-4fc4-a70e-271abe043e66/

Good luck.
What problems? Many of the problems reported here are folks not understanding EV's in general OR not reading the Lightning manual.

LMcqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
What problems? Many of the problems reported here are folks not understanding EV's in general OR not reading the Lightning manual.
Mine was bought back as a lemon. It spent more of the first 4 months of ownership at the dealer then in my possession, 64 days in total.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'd wager that when a dealer gives you a trade-in number, it's going to start with a 3.

IMO the truck is probably worth about $42-45k.
Probably worth less than that. Most retail orders should have been price protected as theoretically retail pro was sold out after all those who held over from 22. This truck would have been sold for either $47k or $53k. Minus tax credit, $40 or $46k.
Now, finding a pro with all the options is going to be difficult and a lot of dealers still have pros listed for the higher MSRP so it's hard to tell what someone would be willing to pay.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Impressive. Take it. I got offered $52,700 two weeks ago for my 2022 Lariat ER with 9,5000 miles.

OP
OP

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
I just finished uploading my info and walk around video. Never done this before kind of wondering how long it takes and how it works lol. Hate the thought of giving my truck and title to some stranger with a flatbed.
Sponsored