• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
TSB 23-2169 was released yesterday (31 May 23) for '22/'23 MY Lightnings to address an issue where precondtioning of the cabin isn't working.

The fix is to update all of the powertrain related modules in the truck.

So that means the PCM, ABS, BECM, GFM2, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and SOBDMC would all get updated under warranty.

That's a nice chunk of update programming all done under warranty.

Attached are the details to reference when talking to your service advisor.
Sponsored

Attachments

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Nice!!! Thank you for posting this! I am going in tomorrow for an unrelated issue so hopefully they will go ahead and update those…..

You’d think this would be pushed as a software update….

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice!!! Thank you for posting this! I am going in tomorrow for an unrelated issue so hopefully they will go ahead and update those…..

You’d think this would be pushed as a software update….
Ummm....Ahem...I suspect you're also having issues with preconditioning not working.....at least that's the assumption....

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ummm....Ahem...I suspect you're also having issues with preconditioning not working.....at least that's the assumption....
Yup and most likely 100% of owners

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yup and most likely 100% of owners
What issues are you having? My cabin preconditioning seems to work each time, even when not connected to my house (when I set it that way at least). Does it not work at all for you or just not very well?

Sponsored

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
My truck will pre-condition one day out of the week. I thought i had my setting wrong.
I'm going in for a 20k mile service, so I guess i'm brining this up as well.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
What issues are you having? My cabin preconditioning seems to work each time, even when not connected to my house (when I set it that way at least). Does it not work at all for you or just not very well?
Some folks have intermittent functionality, while others have it working but outside the (past) the requested departure time, frequently happens on my truck.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I guess I truly have never used Preconditioning, but remote start has always worked for me. @Mike G - which, if any of those modules are not updatable by SW? Are there any? Just blows me away Ford would even mention doing this at the dealer. They should say that all trucks will have the updates within 30 days via SW push.

Damn - Ford needs more of Musk than just for NACS.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess I truly have never used Preconditioning, but remote start has always worked for me. @Mike G - which, if any of those modules are not updatable by SW? Are there any? Just blows me away Ford would even mention doing this at the dealer. They should say that all trucks will have the updates within 30 days via SW push.

Damn - Ford needs more of Musk than just for NACS.
I'm pretty sure all of them can be updated OTA if that's your question. They have pushed out complete sets of powertrain updates for the Mach-E on a couple of previous occasions (once was actually a recall OTA) so it shouldn't be hard to do it for the trucks.

• Love
Reactions: GDN

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I was going to start a new thread..but....here we are...

Since I took delivery of the truck last November I've had intermittent but persistent issues with the Fordpass connectivity, pre condition functionality, and approach/unlock functions.

The truck would be fine and then go "dark" and not work--no pre conditioning, Fordpass not updating, etc. It started like maybe 25% of the time it would not work...now it works maybe 10% of the time(getting worse). I was thinking maybe a weak 12v battery is the culprit.

As if on cue, I just scheduled a service appt as my truck has not pre conditioned at the set time for 4 days straight(and not reachable on Fordpass app). Then miraculously it just came alive on Fordpass again.

I'm still taking it in to be checked out... but this is frustrating,,,

PS-- I am also having difficulty getting software updates. It usually takes several tries an OTA update will be sucessful..usually a dozen or more "failed" updates
Sponsored