• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walk away lock after update

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
So I recently updated APIM with FDRS and since then I have walk away lock using PAAK. I get a notification on phone that doors were locked by walk away lock and the doors do indeed lock. However, I can’t find anywhere in the settings to disable it. Has anyone else seen that? Is it possible that the feature was enabled before the setting to control it? I got my truck end of March and haven’t had any OTA updates yet so FDRS seems my only option for now.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I don't have an EV, so I am not familiar with this feature, but there has to be an option in the touchscreen to turn that on and off I would assume.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
OP
OP

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
I assumed also but I can’t find it. I’ve not read about that feature existing on lightning, only MME so maybe it’s just a weird version thing for now. I could maybe delete my PAAK and set it up again and see if maybe it’s a feature in that setup. Curious if anyone else has walk away lock on lightning.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I assumed also but I can’t find it. I’ve not read about that feature existing on lightning, only MME so maybe it’s just a weird version thing for now. I could maybe delete my PAAK and set it up again and see if maybe it’s a feature in that setup. Curious if anyone else has walk away lock on lightning.
Other forum members started getting this, without the toggle, 5 days ago. See the above linked thread.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
That’s pretty awesome, lack of walk away lock is by far my biggest software gripe with the truck so this might push me enough to get an FDRS setup fired up and get the truck up to date

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So I recently updated APIM with FDRS and since then I have walk away lock using PAAK.
Did you update modules besides APIM? If you back up a few posts from the link in post 4 it looks like WAL appeared with the BCM or Door modules. Or maybe @sstevetx and the others also updated APIM??

OP
OP

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Yes, I updated doors, frunk, and BCM in addition to APIM.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I did a number of FDRS updates, but the BCM update actually added that functionality. The APIM change I made in Forscan just made the toggle appear in the vehicle settings, so it can be turned on/off. By default it is currently on

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So here's the thing.....WAL was 'enabled' by updating the BCM specifically. So the code that does the 'work' is in the BCM.

Unless the APIM update you got brought you the new Sync UI (with new top row icons) and shows a Sync version of 1122...you won't see the toggle yet.

When you get the Sync 1122 the toggle will be there.

I think I'd just put up with having WAL for the moment until the new APIM update rolls out in the next few weeks. I don't think I'd be poking around with FORSCAN just to shut off that feature. But that's me...I like having WAL cause it's 'positive habit transfer' from my Mach-E experience.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
We got my wife's MME 6 months before my Lightning. I had to retrain myself to manually lock the doors on the Lightning. I'm trained now since I now always manually lock the MME to my wife's amusement. I'm pretty sure the Lightning spent quite a few nights unlocked initially. I will be happy to see this deployed.

Elctrnone

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
What is FDRS? Our other car is a Tesla and not having the walk away lock has been driving me crazy.🤪

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I did a number of FDRS updates, but the BCM update actually added that functionality. The APIM change I made in Forscan just made the toggle appear in the vehicle settings, so it can be turned on/off. By default it is currently on
So FDRS is 100% required to get the function? It won't do anything with Forscan only?
Sponsored