• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 5 Invites???

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thank You,
I put in my oder on 3-1 but it has still not been accepted by my dealer.
That is why I am curious if they could still put priorities in front of me.
Have you been in contact with your dealer? I had to walk my dealer through the process as I was the first (and so far only person) to get a wave invite at my dealer. Watching the Long McArthur webinars was very helpful in understanding how the process worked.
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I had to walk my dealer through the process
Same here. They asked me to come into the dealer to establish a local presence before ordering. It took over an hour for them to realize that I was correct in the fact that I had to place the order from my account before they could do anything. I logged into my account from my phone and confirmed a saved build and, like magic, the order was there for them to accept. No hard feelings on my part, no apology offered, either.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It took my dealer over a week to accept my wave 2 order, they were very confused about the process. I did beat wave 3 orders being made, but I do wonder if the dealer's order delay has anything to do with me not being in the production queue yet. Later in the process I requested adding the tailgate step and that took about 2 weeks, but was finalized (I believe) before wave 4. This also could be why my order isn't in production...?

My dealer is no ADM and this is all new to them, so I'm not too upset about it. They seem like they are trying their best, so as long as nothing funny happens at delivery, I will post a shining recommendation of them on here. I'd love the truck in July, but if I get it in September, I'm still going to feel exceptionally grateful to be so early.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The comments in this thread are nothing short of a bit alarming. We talk about the dealers and how protected they are with laws, yet they don't give a crap about anything other than making a buck off of us. They want full MSRP, plus many want to add ADM, yet they don't have the qualified staff to read through a publication Ford gave them to know how to review and accept the orders of these trucks that are now being placed online.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
FWIW I just received an e-mail from Ford saying to stick with the show and show patience because ALL 2022 invitations have been sent.....Now I'll walk away and wait for 2023 invites.
Cheers

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
  • Haha
Reactions: GDN

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
August is only 5 months away
I hear ya Taxman. They already sold out of the Pro and the XLT SR was never to be had so for me I think this might be a good thing really. Sell a manageable amount concerning supply issues and maybe even world affairs. Let things settle out and with luck the expanded production line will start pumping out the 2023's sooner than you think. I'm ready for August no problem.
Almost forgot....Ford's gonna fix the dealer problem. I might feel warm and fuzzy again. LOL

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Tim mentions some stat's about Lightning around this time mark

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
He said April-May will have cleanup waves, so perhaps Ford sent out that email saying all 2022 invites were sent early?

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
He said April-May will have cleanup waves, so perhaps Ford sent out that email saying all 2022 invites were sent early?
That is probably true that all invites have been sent he also mentioned that if someone deferred that invite stays at that dealer and I'm guessing the conversation number doesn't included the people who deferred for a Pro or XLT which isn't good for anyone wanting a Pro

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Note, later on after this time mark, Tim mentions that Lightning Production Scheduling is an animal of it's own, most of what he was talking about were all other models (excluding Lightning), there is still hope that we will see more dates each week as they are fleshing out the schedule into June at this point

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
The comments in this thread are nothing short of a bit alarming. We talk about the dealers and how protected they are with laws, yet they don't give a crap about anything other than making a buck off of us. They want full MSRP, plus many want to add ADM, yet they don't have the qualified staff to read through a publication Ford gave them to know how to review and accept the orders of these trucks that are now being placed online.
That has been my experience, but I do want to defend some dealers. My local dealer just became EV-certified after changing ownership. They were used to the usual "factory sends you stuff that you sell" processes, but for some of them the reservation & ordering queues are a first.

My local dealer called me a couple of times saying "we can't find your order, we want to make sure you're in line to get it as quickly as possible, you need to log in and finish up your reservation" and I had to explain that Ford hadn't opened the gate to me quite yet. This stuff gets blasted to the dealerships, but only a handful of folks there spend the time to understand it.

By the way, much of this happens at Tesla, too - I've also had to teach them about their own internal processes when they change on-the-fly over the past decade or so.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN