• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What will be different for MY23 and MY24 Lightning?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have already received the email from Ford stating that I will not get a MY22 and, since my reservations is about 100,000+, there is a good chance I may not be able to get a MY23. I'm am very impressed with the MY22 features and specs but we know some things are bound to change. I have searched the internet but I don't seem to find any good information on what will be different for MY23 and MY24.

Has anybody seen any information on what is going to change (price, options, features, services) for MY23 and/or MY24?
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
No one ones. Only thing I would expect is a price increase, and maybe some more configuration options.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am expecting for the body to be overhauled to be more aerodynamic and not a 1-to-1 match with the ICE F-150. Pro to this approach would be more range, con would be the beauty of the Lightning is how familiar it is.

We will see what happens, but this is my guess.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Longer lasting batteries perhaps.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I am expecting for the body to be overhauled to be more aerodynamic and not a 1-to-1 match with the ICE F-150. Pro to this approach would be more range, con would be the beauty of the Lightning is how familiar it is.
Not happening. The body is technically more aerodynamic than the ICE f-150. From initial press :

"Beyond signature elements such as the front and rear light bars and unique wheels, this is the most aerodynamic F-150 ever, with improvements like newly shaped running boards, a sculpted hood to reduce drag, and grilles that replace air intake holes with a smoother, textured surface."

Any key body refresh wouldn't be til 2025 which they already stated (or rumored) would be when they actually refresh it.

And based on efficiency numbers, it's not too far off from the Rivian R1T which was built specifically for AERO from the ground up.

Given how big the trucks are, the only way to see key increases would be to downsize the truck (so make a Maverick EV).

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I think they'll introduce more options available on the ICE trucks, perhaps adding a Limited or King Ranch trim. Powered running boards will be available from the configurator. Maybe you'll be able to order a Platinum or higher trim with smaller wheels.

Whatever they do, I think they will be very protective of the lower end trims and do whatever packaging they can to drive demand more upmarket as much as they can to increase their margins.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Given how big the trucks are, the only way to see key increases would be to downsize the truck (so make a Maverick EV).
I am really looking forward to a Ranger EV, but I think we've got a few more years for that.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Anything is SWAG.

Ford will be redesigning on the fly just like they are doing with the Mach-E. Of course price is going to go up, probably noticeably. As they get experience in the field from customers, they'll adjust things based on data they receive, again like the Mach-E. Faster charging curves, more of the battery available to charge, etc.

You won't see a massive redesign until they figure out new battery technology.

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Whatever they do, I think they will be very protective of the lower end trims and do whatever packaging they can to drive demand more upmarket as much as they can to increase their margins.
[/QUOTE]
Geeze, my fantasy didn't last very long......

Ford F-150 Lightning What will be different for MY23 and MY24 Lightning? 1648229608824

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Pro will no longer be an option. Price increases across the board. <Mark it.
I disagree. Ford will still need to make the Pro available to small businesses in order to meet the demand for work trucks, irrespective of whether or not the customer qualifies for a FIN. Ford could still restrict by requiring a copy of a business license or a contractors license that is held by various construction trades. At some point, Ford will also need to create a regular cab configuration.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I disagree. Ford will still need to make the Pro available to small businesses in order to meet the demand for work trucks, irrespective of whether or not the customer qualifies for a FIN. Ford could still restrict by requiring a copy of a business license or a contractors license that is held by various construction trades. At some point, Ford will also need to create a regular cab configuration.
Ford allowed a handful of Pro orders in wave 1 and swiftly marked a vehicle that had not yet begun production as "sold out." What else do they have to do to make everyone understand that they were never interested in selling it to the public?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No one knows - Ford has not disclosed it. I'm on record as saying nothing changes until they announce the redesign and move to the new factory, that is where engineers are focused. That is probably not until the 2025 model year.
Sponsored