• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Sure it will - I'm just passing along what my dealer said. In each of 2022 and 2023, they expect 2-4 trucks. Will that number jump to 300 trucks in 2024? Maybe...but probably not.
Pretty pessimistic outlook (Ford's history with Bronco and Mach-E aren't helping).

I'm assuming your dealer is in a ZEV state for them to get such a low allocation (unless they only have 20 reservations).
Sponsored

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
Like everyone else, I'm 17 months in already with my reservation. Add another year (or more!) to that and... well I might just have a lightly-used model X in my driveway by then. With a receiver hitch. Not the rig I wanted but at this rate I could die of old age before getting a Lightning. Come on Ford, we have waited long enough! Git 'R Done!

rxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Been strung along for so long during this ridiculous process. I was a day 1 reservation holder, never having had any interest in buying a Ford before, then learned about ADM, switched from a small dealership which may or may not have had ADM into a large one (Seattle area), which stuck me at the back of the line. Then been watching the rollercoaster of "Pro's are available, now they're not, now they're $7k more expensive, now they're available again but only through this glitch, now they're another $5k more expensive, now they're not again! We're serious this time, you're never getting a Pro!".

Well thanks, Ford, you've finally made up my mind, now I know I won't be able to buy the only version of the Lightning I was interested in, which you successively drained my interest over time along with my regard for your brand. I don't think I'll be doing this again unless the new mid-size electric pickup they hinted at is *really dang good* and available, but I think I've been burned enough on this one to learn my lesson for good.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So my local dealer has 500+ reservations and Ford email suggests most should be invited Summer of 2023… Thad’s quite a ramp up as they only got 2 in 2022.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Nearly every reservation is going to get an invite really might mean; everyone will have a chance to order a Platinum, maybe a Lariat if there are still enough. That is how Ford plans on nearly getting through 200,000 reservations, by technically giving everyone an invite.

My, made up, prediction:
They will send out invites in waves, slowly sell out of the XLT, then the ER Lariat, possibly the SR Lariat and all that will be left is the Platinum. Ford will sell their whole quota this year through this method and can start a new sales process next year.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Speculation based on a steady increase of 38 units a week.
Still waiting for 10/17 stickers to see what the total production volume will be on kick off
Ford F-150 Lightning [Oct 10] Email just received from Ford: "What's next for your F-150 Lightning Reservation - Orders will be starting soon" 1665496088029

Ford F-150 Lightning [Oct 10] Email just received from Ford: "What's next for your F-150 Lightning Reservation - Orders will be starting soon" 1665496217511

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Day one res holder. I just got the email 5 min ago and not yesterday like many others.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Day 2 holder, #45 at dealer that has had 16 invites total. Just got email this morning also. Also have a 2nd reservation for son at a 2nd dealer (Day 153), no email.

Sponsored

FatmanOSU

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Sales
I am just hoping my Wave 3 invites puts me ahead of other people. There is a glitch and they are not able to move my dealership. Put in ticket on the 1st and still not fixed. At this point an XLT SR would work for me. :confused:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Interesting tactic by Ford if they intend to either convert or cancel all existing reservations in the coming year. I will have bigger issues with them sitting on my order than I do with them sitting on my reservation. A lot can happen in a year+ and I don't want to make a commitment that far out. I'd rather they keep reservations until they're actually ready to build my truck - THEN convert to an order.

I get the impetus from a corporate perspective. And very interesting analysis above projecting out current production average increase per week over the next 12 months. I'll be surprised if they deliver 120,000 units by next October, but we shall see. If this is true, then I suppose I have less issues with their current reservation conversion initiative. I'm just skeptical they can deliver on that given resource availability / supply issues, etc and I don't want them holding my order for 2 years. By then there will be other players in the market and my vehicle needs may change 🤷‍♂️

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So my local dealer has 500+ reservations and Ford email suggests most should be invited Summer of 2023… Thad’s quite a ramp up as they only got 2 in 2022.
It definitely seems like theres gonna be a catch…like selling out of everything except platinums knowing they can invite everyone and not that many will convert. Or they may accept a ton of orders but the production windows get pushed out indefinitely. This ramp up has been such a disaster for Ford that I think most reservation holders are rightfully skeptical when they hear that their dealer got one demo and a couple orders for 2022. I’m in the same boat with my dealer

Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (reservation)
My dealer has gotten one (1) filled reservation so far, with two more expected for November. Ford will need a huge amount of ramp up to fulfill the backlog.
Sponsored