• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My dealer has gotten one (1) filled reservation so far, with two more expected for November. Ford will need a huge amount of ramp up to fulfill the backlog.
No they won't. They will just invite everyone to order a Platinum. Then they will have fulfilled their statement of inviting everyone next summer and will have flushed their backlog out.

They very carefully stated everyone will be invited to order, not that they will fulfill all reservations or even make all trims available.
Sponsored

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GX460, 2015 LX570, 2017 B250E
Occupation
Retailler
I reserved in first week watching last year be a total wet noodle disappointment. Moved on and bought a nice Porsche being produced and delivered from Germany in about 60 days. Had disposable income and needs to be met sans silence or vague disappointing emails (see below). There is a reason we don't buy American cars. Toyota Tundra is a beast, but honestly more wanted durable EV than pickup anyway.

BTW quote from the email
The Pro series is sold out for retail customers and the availability of other models remains limited.

I moved my reservation last year and was refunded yetstill have reservation at new dealer. Ford rep said it keeps things simple with new dealer, no money owed no issues later.

If I can float it and Ford offers me an order, I'll place it and resell it when it arrives. Capitalism at it's best.

Noah

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Like everyone else, I'm 17 months in already with my reservation. Add another year (or more!) to that and... well I might just have a lightly-used model X in my driveway by then. With a receiver hitch. Not the rig I wanted but at this rate I could die of old age before getting a Lightning. Come on Ford, we have waited long enough! Git 'R Done!
If you'd have bought the model X 17 months ago it would be worth more than you paid for it.
Just go buy the model X and sell it if you decide to keep the lightning.

ChrisInJAX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Escape
As a finance guy, my spider sense is Ford is using this email / business initiative to more or less lock in deliveries for next years guidance to Wall Street analyst. Similar to an article today in the WSJ about people spending $550+ for a table at the Vegas sportbooks. “It’s like the nightclub model.. where access to thr booth is what you are paying for, not the music.”
Wall Street knows they are going to sell the Lightnings.. the game then becomes can convert orders to the higher margin trucks (ie Lariats and Platinums), which improves the financial statements and quarterly guidance, thus improving shareholder value

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
What @ChrisInJAX said...and...my impression is the marketing folks aren't great at internal communication...so who knows what any of it means.

When I got notified to order my truck, I got a text.
The link in the text didn't work.
I called Ford, and after getting bounced around, finally a person said "yea, marketing gets ahead of itself at times".
The next day I got an email inviting me to order, and that worked.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
MY23 Ford production plan snapshop: from a mcarther ford video someone posted to another thread, This slide caught my eye and this particulary: "70% of MY23 orders will be in the final 4 months of the year.

Ford F-150 Lightning [Oct 10] Email just received from Ford: "What's next for your F-150 Lightning Reservation - Orders will be starting soon" lightning MY23 production plan snapshot  Capture.JPG

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
MY23 Ford production plan snapshop: from a mcarther ford video someone posted to another thread, This slide caught my eye and this particulary: "70% of MY23 orders will be in the final 4 months of the year.

lightning MY23 production plan snapshot  Capture.JPG
Very interesting. Anyone know why the drop-off in Jan 23?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Very interesting. Anyone know why the drop-off in Jan 23?
Last week of December semi-annual plant maintenance, then I suspect a slow down to let workers focus on clearing some of the 40,000 total backlog of chip holds {ICE & BEV}
Sponsored