• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status?

Counts86

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 24 Pro
Thanks for that info. I’m talking to another dealer now to see how to move forward.
Ford is also looking into the issue because they said if the order had been submitted that they would have some record of it but they gave nothing.
Thanks for everyone’s help and insight.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
I called ford today because I still haven’t received a Vin number from the dealer for the order placed in early October and I was worried that they never submitted the order.

Ford had no knowledge or record of the order being placed. So I called the dealer to see what’s going on. This is the message I got in response to my question.

“ I had a meeting with my new car manager to look over our orders for the next few months and we received an update on your order; it seems the Pro is not going to be built due to production issues and changes at the factory. I was advised to let you know we can still order a well equipped XLT or Lariat, but the Pro doesn't seem to be an option for our dealership for the foreseeable future.

We can apply your original order to another trim if you decide to take that route, otherwise we are going to continue the hunt for an available Pro that will be produced, in hopes we can extend an inventory transfer to get it here for you.

I do have a decent mix of remaining 2023 models as well with us on the ground, so let me know your thoughts and I'd be happy to answer any questions for you.”

I have a signed order form from the dealer and a receipt of deposit but now it seems that I will be in the back of the line and may lose the locked in lower pricing.

it seems to me that the dealer never placed the order. Do I have any recourse here? Will ford help me out? Is there any truth to production issues on the pro trim?

Thanks for your help.
Here is the truth:
Dealers are not allowed to order a pro for a customer only Fleet for 2024.
The order banks are currently paused and you are not able to order any trim level at this time.
Ford is not scheduling lightning orders this month.
You might stay subscribed to our YouTube channel for future updates on when they open up the order banks again for the lightning.
www.youtube.com/longmcarthur

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
I went to my dealer today thinking about buying a ‘23 since the large discounts were announced, but decided to keep my order. The dealer said my order is built, but on a “quality hold”, and should be released mid-March. Hopefully this hold doesn’t turn into an issue that’s going to plague me long term after I take delivery.

farmtruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F350XLT, 2 x 12 F250XLT, 23 Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farmer
I went to my dealer today thinking about buying a ‘23 since the large discounts were announced, but decided to keep my order. The dealer said my order is built, but on a “quality hold”, and should be released mid-March. Hopefully this hold doesn’t turn into an issue that’s going to plague me long term after I take delivery.
I am hoping "quality hold" means ford put the extra mile into my truck. Mine was built Sept 23 and put on "quality hold" until Feb 7, 2024 and is currently sitting in a rail yard in Minnesota. Have your dealer keep an eye on it and if they lose tracking capability on it, start calling customer service at Ford.

Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order update: status still says “in production”.
Dealer still says “quality hold”.

I bought some mud flaps for it though. So I guess I’m committed. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 - 2018 Mercedes GLE 43 AMG
Occupation
Ad Man
I bought some mud flaps for it though. So I guess I’m committed. :)
Love it!

Im still “in production” with the last ford update being 2/8/24. My dealer initially told me mid-march delivery. Yesterday, I was told march/april. 🤷‍♂️

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
sad for potential 2024 Lightning buyers. has any one noticed that Ford's website doesn't show 2024 models, only 2023?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
sad for potential 2024 Lightning buyers. has any one noticed that Ford's website doesn't show 2024 models, only 2023?

I've been listening to @FordVideoGuy weekly order & scheduling reports, seems Lightning continues to be on hold.

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Ford never posted the Build and 'Buy"/ Price for the 24MY even when you could order October through December. Mach-E isn't on there either but you can order it. Not sure the build up on opening the order banks again for 2024.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found a’23 XLT ER that’s exactly what I wanted, so I bought it instead of waiting for the Flash. And I managed to save over $10k in the process, so icing on top for sure.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Mine is still "In Production". Last update Feb 8, 2024.

1710223647237.png
They might be working their way out of the backlog of trucks affected by the headlight connector replacements, I am seeing Flash editions and other models arriving at dealerships in my weekly production samples.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Mine is still "In Production". Last update Feb 8, 2024.

1710223647237.png
One more thing to note: they appear to be appx 22 days delayed in production, assuming the actual original blend day was 1/15 and it went into production on 2/6.
Sponsored