• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TreatYoSelf , your truck is alive, production started on it yesterday, 2/6/23, 18 days off schedule!

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? 1707335242980

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? 1707335279283

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? 1707335219185

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 - 2018 Mercedes GLE 43 AMG
Occupation
Ad Man
@TreatYoSelf , your truck is alive, production started on it yesterday, 2/6/23, 18 days off schedule
Yes! My dealer rep is on top of it. She called me today to tell me the truck is off to the body shop for the final touches.

Ford certainly fell behind pretty quick with the 2024s.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Just checking in with everyone on the thread: any MY24 deliveries yet?
Mine is still showing “in production” with the last update still showing 1/16.
I believe it’s been built, and will be shipping soon. But I have nothing to back up that belief.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Online chat with Ford last night says my Flash is still in production, and the ETA went from 2/14 to 3/31.
Again, not sure about the accuracy of the information. The order is pretty straightforward with no offsite extras like a toolbox or bed liner. It was ordered last October.

Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ugh. Seems like ford customer service is just throwing darts at a calendar.
Yeah, it’s weird. I can display the tear tag. My dealer even has a Flash that was ordered and started production later than mine showing on their website that’s in transit, which I verified with the order status site. It makes me think something went wrong with my build that needs repair.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It makes me think something went wrong with my build that needs repair.
Probably a part that wasn't available during main line run, and now your truck is in the holding coral waiting for an assembly worker to finish up the build and mark it complete, this happened in MY22 & MY23, no worry's.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Probably a part that wasn't available during main line run, and now your truck is in the holding coral waiting for an assembly worker to finish up the build and mark it complete, this happened in MY22 & MY23, no worry's.
Interesting. So your reply got me to investigate the differences between my order and the one that shipped. The one that shipped has everything my order has, plus BlueCruise, the spray-in bed liner, all-terrain tires, and floor liners. I can’t imagine tires being the hold-up, then it must have something to do with the color. Mine is Avalanche and the shipped order is Agate Black.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. So your reply got me to investigate the differences between my order and the one that shipped. The one that shipped has everything my order has, plus BlueCruise, the spray-in bed liner, all-terrain tires, and floor liners. I can’t imagine tires being the hold-up, then it must have something to do with the color. Mine is Avalanche and the shipped order is Agate Black.
Nope, color isn't the issue, they don't build in a color order format, it's probably some innocuous part, or there is indeed a technical problem with your build.

Sponsored

Counts86

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 24 Pro
Thanks for the great information. I’ll keep checking in with my dealer.
I called ford today because I still haven’t received a Vin number from the dealer for the order placed in early October and I was worried that they never submitted the order.

Ford had no knowledge or record of the order being placed. So I called the dealer to see what’s going on. This is the message I got in response to my question.

“ I had a meeting with my new car manager to look over our orders for the next few months and we received an update on your order; it seems the Pro is not going to be built due to production issues and changes at the factory. I was advised to let you know we can still order a well equipped XLT or Lariat, but the Pro doesn't seem to be an option for our dealership for the foreseeable future.

We can apply your original order to another trim if you decide to take that route, otherwise we are going to continue the hunt for an available Pro that will be produced, in hopes we can extend an inventory transfer to get it here for you.

I do have a decent mix of remaining 2023 models as well with us on the ground, so let me know your thoughts and I'd be happy to answer any questions for you.”

I have a signed order form from the dealer and a receipt of deposit but now it seems that I will be in the back of the line and may lose the locked in lower pricing.

it seems to me that the dealer never placed the order. Do I have any recourse here? Will ford help me out? Is there any truth to production issues on the pro trim?

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ad Man
I have a signed order form from the dealer and a receipt of deposit but now it seems that I will be in the back of the line and may lose the locked in lower pricing.

it seems to me that the dealer never placed the order. Do I have any recourse here? Will ford help me out? Is there any truth to production issues on the pro trim?
I can only tell you my experience, and this is for a 2024 Lariat. I confirmed my order with my dealer rep with the signed order form on 10/21/23, she said she was going to "punch it in right now." About 10 minutes later, I received an email from Ford with my order ID. I received my VIN from Ford via email on 11/2, this email also included my build week.

I'm no detective, but it seems your dealer didn't place your order and is trying to take you for a fool. I'm also in Colorado and have been working with Larry Miller Ford in Lakewood. Tori is a rockstar rep.

And there are dealers listing 2024 Pros on their websites with VIN, which leads me to believe they are building Pros.
Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 1.52.49 PM

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ad Man
Got a Mid-March delivery ETA from my dealer rep today. Home stretch!

Ford order status link still indicates "in production"

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don't know, maybe reach out to @FordVideoGuy for some personal thoughts about his dealerships struggle with PRO orders.

Counts86

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 24 Pro
I can only tell you my experience, and this is for a 2024 Lariat. I confirmed my order with my dealer rep with the signed order form on 10/21/23, she said she was going to "punch it in right now." About 10 minutes later, I received an email from Ford with my order ID. I received my VIN from Ford via email on 11/2, this email also included my build week.

I'm no detective, but it seems your dealer didn't place your order and is trying to take you for a fool. I'm also in Colorado and have been working with Larry Miller Ford in Lakewood. Tori is a rockstar rep.

And there are dealers listing 2024 Pros on their websites with VIN, which leads me to believe they are building Pros.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 1.52.49 PM.png
I totally agree. Seems strange to me. Especially since Ford has no information that an order was ever submitted. If it had been submitted and then cancelled you would think for would still have record of it.

I put a call into Tori today. She's going to do some research and get back to me. I'll just place one with her if possible. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored