• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who’s selling their EV, when they get the Lightning?

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Will be selling my Volt, which is technically a PHEV and not a full EV, but the lightning is the first EV attractive enough to make me take the plunge.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Will be selling my Volt, which is technically a PHEV and not a full EV, but the lightning is the first EV attractive enough to make me take the plunge.
Will be keeping my Honda Clarity PHEV due to the excellent no problems reliability plus 10 year battery warranty.

Over the 3 years, we have become accustomed to driving with an emphasis on EV miles, this will be the first full on venture into a BEV vehicle.

Can't wait for the Lightning order banks to open!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I just bought a Bolt in July, I'll keep it as a commuter car then hand it off to my daughter in a few years when she gets her license. I have a '12 Flex that I'll replace with the Lightning.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I just bought a Bolt in July, I'll keep it as a commuter car then hand it off to my daughter in a few years when she gets her license. I have a '12 Flex that I'll replace with the Lightning.
If it doesn't catch fire first:eek:

Seriously tho, what is your experience with GM and this battery/fire issue?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
If it doesn't catch fire first:eek:

Seriously tho, what is your experience with GM and this battery/fire issue?
All I know is I'm getting a new, higher capacity battery with a 100,000 mile warranty. I've heard LG solved the issue and new batteries are in production. I'm not really very worried about it catching on fire especially since I can keep it in the supposed "safe" range (~30%-90% SOC) pretty easily. I just use it for commuting which is ~65 miles/day. They made over 100,000 Bolts and there have been something like 12 fires. 1 in 10,000 is not something to worry too much over. I don't have a garage to park it in so it's even less of a worry for me.

Sponsored

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I’ll be keeping my 90k mile C-Max Energi with 56k EV-only miles as a daily driver and driving it into the ground- this will be a work truck. The engine on my car is just a baby but the battery has degraded quite a bit due to no liquid cooling for the Energi’s HVB.

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Selling my 2018 Volt for the Lightning. I've always wanted a truck, but I could never justify it. Now I can.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird Turbo, '21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Postal Guy
My Mach-E GT will be sold or traded in on the Lightning. I've had the GT for nearly a month already, and I enjoy it, but I miss having a truck.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
My Mach-E GT will be sold or traded in on the Lightning. I've had the GT for nearly a month already, and I enjoy it, but I miss having a truck.
And here I am keeping fingers crossed I can get the payment figured out (and my promotion at work comes through) to replace my 20 year old SUV.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Selling my E-Golf. Wanted a Truck for a while, used to borrow my parents '99 Taco all the time for lumber... then they sold it ;(

Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
We will be keeping the 16 fusion energi, wife really like that car.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Seems my daughter has chimed in and wants to keep my 2013 Focus Electric as her daily driver. Otherwise it would have been traded in on the Lightning.
Sponsored