• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Why is everyone waiting to get their truck?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Tasca is a respected dealer group in Southern New England market with sales points (just for Ford in Mass, RI & Connecticut) as well as all the other brands likewise spread out in the region.

They have been involved in drag racing for decades, among other race oriented dealers, they used the phrase Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday.

Good point about shadow inventory, many listings might be special orders anticipated to be delivered soon, or have already arrived and the original order maker declined the buy opportunity, this happened a couple of times at the location just before my truck arrived and I completed my special order purchase.

This phenomena is happening in other markets, to the point of the OP's statement, why aren't folks jumping at these buying opportunities? Open your eyes to the national market rather than the parochial view.

Fair Disclosure:
I bought my 22 Lariat ER at Tasca Mass, for a fair no markup deal with no BS attached to it.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was just curious because that is where I purchased my truck. It was on the lot along with a platinum December of last year. I didn’t want to start an argument with the members here. Sorry.
Welcome to the forum, see you on the road nearby.........

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
I have my truck, but a local dealer called me and left a voicemail that they had three available. A few days later I got another call and the three had increased to five. Checked the site and sure ebough, they show five. I'm familiar with the idea that most inventory is fake, and I never did actually speak to sales. All of the trucks were discounted, too. Usually when it's fake inventory, like a customer order, it's MSRP. It's a good dealer, so I wouldn't expect them to lie to me about their available stock. Most of the five were also discounted $500-$1000.

Anyway, my point is I think there is a chance that the shift is happening. Maybe enough people are walking away from their orders after price increases and high financing rates that dealer stock is happening even though they cannot directly order stock. Or maybe my local dealer is an anomaly.

Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg, if anyone cares.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Other than getting the exact options you want are there other reasons you're waiting for a truck? Tasca.com has 10 of them listed right now. There must be other dealers that have them in stock. I know Tasca has some special relationship with Ford but they can't be the only dealer that has them.
Who’s waiting ?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
LMAO.

So the fact that you haven't heard of Tasca means what? Tasca has been in the auto business since 1943. They are a large online parts supplier for Ford vehicles. Revenue is in excess of $150 million. Tasca Automotive Group owns Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, Volvo, Jeep Dodge, Fiat, Buick, GMC, Chevrolet, Kia, and Subaru dealerships (I may not have the complete list), and has a racing team.
Yeah so. I’ve never heard of them as dealer. If they aren’t in your region why would anyone know about them? I don’t sit here in NY and wondering what is the biggest dealer group in other states. WestHerr auto group in NY has $422 million revenue. You know them?

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Who’s waiting ?
A lot of people still are. I talk to folks regularly who are sitting twiddling their thumbs. When I mention what I did, I get a shrug. When I send them a link to an in inventory car - spec’d how they would want it - it’s too much hassle. I tell them I never put a foot in the dealership for mine, and they get curious…but not enough to follow through.

It doesn’t make a ton of sense but perhaps the interest isn’t as strong as it initially appeared to be.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
A lot of people still are. I talk to folks regularly who are sitting twiddling their thumbs. When I mention what I did, I get a shrug. When I send them a link to an in inventory car - spec’d how they would want it - it’s too much hassle. I tell them I never put a foot in the dealership for mine, and they get curious…but not enough to follow through.

It doesn’t make a ton of sense but perhaps the interest isn’t as strong as it initially appeared to be.
Human nature.

I am still pursuing a 2022, trying to convince my better half that having 2 EVs and the 2013 F-150 gas on the driveway is ok... I could right now buy 1/2 dozen or more. People are inherently lazy.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
these trucks are expensive combined with high interest rates. first generation ev with lowish range and lacklustre charging infrastructure probably have something to do with it. easy to throw down a $100 reservation deposit on a whim.

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I was on the waiting list since Nov 21 (yes, late to sign up). I was ready to give up so I started looking for ICE F-150s. My local dealer's website showed 4 ER Lightnings on the lot. Yeah! I called and all 4 were available and they were selling at MSRP. I drove down, test-drove the one I wanted, and bought it at MSRP. They still have three on the lot but are selling at $1,000 below MSRP. I believe these were all ones ordered by individuals that backed out of the sale.

Garyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV 6 2023 Ford Lighting Pro
I'm in an agriculture area 100 mile south of Chicago. 2 Lightings have been on the dealer lot for at least a month. 85-97K with no gov incentives is a lot for a truck that can basically only be used to tow locally compared to a power stroke. I'm still waiting on my Pro at half those numbers to use on the farm. We will see but I'm not sure with the current state of financial turmoil that a 100K pick-up is going to be a volume seller.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PatchesPal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model y, Lexus RX300
I started watching the Inventory at My dealer (Bowen Scarf Ford in Kent, WA) 4 weeks ago. Then they had 5 new ones for sale. All about 10K above MSRP. They sat like that for a few weeks then they started dropping the price on them and had a couple at MSRP and a few at 5K over MSRP. They sold one a week ago and another yesterday. They still have 2 at 5K over MSRP and one at MSRP.
But just because they advertise a car at MSRP does not mean they can't add the Market adjustment back on when you sit down with them to buy one. That happened to me last year on a Lexus in Palm Springs.
The only reason I am still waiting for my Lightning order is I want the factory power side steps. I was suppose to receive it 6 weeks ago but its sitting a railway lot in Canada waiting to be inspected due to the battery fire situation. Otherwise I would have tried to get one off the lot.
Ford F-150 Lightning Why is everyone waiting to get their truck? Screenshot 2023-02-25 095321
Ford F-150 Lightning Why is everyone waiting to get their truck? Screenshot 2023-03-19 080203

Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (reservation)
I could have ordered one in Nov but had to pass. I live in MN and once they started taking out things like the heated steering wheel that was the final dealbreaker. The truck is pricey, but if it still had all of the features I would have bought one.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I could have ordered one in Nov but had to pass. I live in MN and once they started taking out things like the heated steering wheel that was the final dealbreaker. The truck is pricey, but if it still had all of the features I would have bought one.
There are at least 2 2022 Lariat ERs in Minnesota right now, both with just over 5,000 miles on them, and no deletes. If not titled, they are eligible for the tax credit.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
If you are still interested look for a 2022. They have all the features.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
..........One key advantage of sticking with the order system is that Ford will let you literally close the deal, including the financing online, where the price is the one they promised.......
The price Ford promised when a reservation was made in May 2021, or the price Ford has now? That's a huge difference. Right now there are 22's out there being sold off lots at original sticker price.
Sponsored