• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT OEM Bed Lights Install

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Alright…first the rain sensor and now this!

2023 Pro without options. Did install, did ForScan and nothing works!

Has anyone with a 2023 NO OPTION Pro actually gotten this to work? My switch doesn't even work! Wondering what the difference is on my truck.
Sponsored

LightningProAval

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Good question…I’m a 23 Pro with Pro Power but bed light install does not work either. Went through 2 switches but no luck.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I just got my parts from tasca and had some time so i physically installed everything. Took me a little longer than other people probably because I had line-x installed and had told them to remove the covers and then spray, but then the lights wouldnt go in flush, so I had to take a knife and cut the line-x at the edges of the holes so they would fit flush. Also took me a little while to figure out how to unplug the dummy plug on the drivers side. but theyre in there now. The button actually does something without forscan, it will turn on/off the back-of-cab lights, which is interesting.

Now i have to find some time to learn forscan and program them to work.

I have a 23 pro with tow technology package, so I am guessing they will work fine with zone lighting and everything.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a 23 pro with tow technology package, so I am guessing they will work fine with zone lighting and everything.
That has been my experience and a few others. If you already have Zone Lighting, you should be good after the Forscan changes.

ONURPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Can I do the forscan part of this with the iOS app? Looks like OP just used the USB connection to a windows laptop. I just ordered all the hardware for the light install and almost ordered the USB forscan dongle but I only have an apple laptop. Ive read that you can get it to work through a multi step workaround but I was thinking that the bluetooth obd2 and my iPhone would be way easier. Any thoughts?

Sponsored

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
I was thinking bootcamp only worked on intel Macs... not M1/M2
It would likely work using Parallels too, I'd imagine. I run Windows under Parallels on an M1 MacBook Pro. Works fine. You can even get it for free or deeply discounted if you or someone you know is a student or teacher, and once you have it installed it'll install Windows for free.

ONURPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
It would likely work using Parallels too, I'd imagine. I run Windows under Parallels on an M1 MacBook Pro. Works fine. You can even get it for free or deeply discounted if you or someone you know is a student or teacher, and once you have it installed it'll install Windows for free.
Awesome, I’m going to give it a go. Thanks!

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Well, put me in the group that isn't having luck with the install with a 23 pro with tow tech and max towing. Did the changes in forscan, cycled power, nothing so far. Gonna go for a drive in a bit and see if anything changes.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't change all of the settings on the first page, in my rush I only hit "enable bed lights". Once I did the other two everything worked perfectly!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, put me in the group that isn't having luck with the install with a 23 pro with tow tech and max towing. Did the changes in forscan, cycled power, nothing so far. Gonna go for a drive in a bit and see if anything changes.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't change all of the settings on the first page, in my rush I only hit "enable bed lights". Once I did the other two everything worked perfectly!
Thanks for the update. Just putting this out there for any new people in this thread. So far, those of us with a no option Pro trim have not been able to get this to work. We need some ForScan geniuses to come in here and figure this out!! Haha. Thanks!!!

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro, Tow Tech,
Good question…I’m a 23 Pro with Pro Power but bed light install does not work either. Went through 2 switches but no luck.
Hello can you take a picture underneath the truck so I can see the ProPower conmection. Wanted to see if there was different wiring since dealer didnt help me change my order for the 9.6kw.

Thanks

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Alright…first the rain sensor and now this!

2023 Pro without options. Did install, did ForScan and nothing works!

Has anyone with a 2023 NO OPTION Pro actually gotten this to work? My switch doesn't even work! Wondering what the difference is on my truck.
Did you ever get this working on your truck?

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you ever get this working on your truck?
Nope. Haven’t seen anyone figure out how to make this work on a Pro without the tech packages.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Nope. Haven’t seen anyone figure out how to make this work on a Pro without the tech packages.
Just to check too, you made all three changes in forscan too?
Sponsored