• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

YouTube app gone from Sync 4.2.1 ?

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
I had setup and used YouTube connected via Wi-Fi after it showed up in 4.19 I believe a few times. Today I went to use if after getting 4.21 and the app is gone?? Anyone else see this?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The Youtube entertainment feature came with 4.1.3
Try doing a Sync reboot

I'm still waiting for 4.2.1.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Yes after 4.2.1 installed mine was gone too. I sent feedback to ford. Hoping it’s just a bug, and not intentional.

I read that if you add the connected services plan it returns, but I’m not paying $10 a month to confirm.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
After 4.1.3 my Youtube and Entertainment section never showed up. As an experiment I subscribed to Ford Streaming and sure enough within a minute Youtube popped up. I'm only guessing but if I let it expire it would probably disappear again.

I should note I tested it in my garage where wifi is strong and it never showed up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Watt2Go

Watt2Go

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX30, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT
Yes after 4.2.1 installed mine was gone too. I sent feedback to ford. Hoping it’s just a bug, and not intentional.

I read that if you add the connected services plan it returns, but I’m not paying $10 a month to confirm.
Yea when they added it they said connected services or a regular wi-fi connection. Let's hope that didn't change...

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe 4.2.1 was just a way to take it away from those that shouldn’t have had it, since all of the features seemingly came with 4.1.1, but then why were they say that it can be used with Wi-Fi?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Mine has disappeared too - also on Wifi. Sucks but the feature is pretty useless. Charging us extra to use data that we can already pay for. It's not Ford streaming, it's just them adding a web browser and charging a subscription for it.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From the 4.1.3 release notes:

“ All you need is a Ford Streaming Connected Service plan or Wi-Fi connection to let the entertainment begin.”

Ford F-150 Lightning YouTube app gone from Sync 4.2.1 ? IMG_2461

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Same thing with me. Not a deal breaker, but this is a bit of a bummer…hopeful it was a glitch/unintentional rather than a bait and switch. Current support documents don’t say that Ford Streaming subscription is required…a strong WiFi connection works as well. 🤞🏼

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I think they eff'd up another PU ...... hence the delay on the rest of use getting 4.2.1

Sponsored

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
My YouTube gone. Taking it in for first service soon. See what they say.

Arthuryy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I had setup and used YouTube connected via Wi-Fi after it showed up in 4.19 I believe a few times. Today I went to use if after getting 4.21 and the app is gone?? Anyone else see this?
This hasn't happened to my car so far

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I noticed that after I did the APIM update a while back that the entire "Entertainment" section in Sync had gone missing.

It came back later without me doing anything.

Sometimes after you get updates it temporarily causes strange things to happen, like starting up after an update, putting the truck into reverse and getting a message that "Reverse Brake Assist" isn't available....and after that one time it doesn't happen again. Or some other sensor system "isn't available"...and then that goes away and doesn't happen again for weeks. Because this has happened to me on both my Mach-E and the Lightning I've put it down to temporary glitches in the matrix.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Try a Sync reboot to see if that changes anything.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m wondering if they pulled it in lieu of the below upcoming beta. I went from 4.1.1 to 4.2.1 and never got 4.1.2 or 4.1.3.
———-From Ford on 3/22/22———-
Hi
We’re excited to introduce Video Streaming* beta as part of an upcoming Ford Power-Up software update. With it you can seamlessly access news and entertainment right on your in-dash screen. Enjoy any time your vehicle is parked.

There are two ways to watch — either with an active Ford Streaming data plan, or with a reliable Wi-Fi connection, like your phone’s hotspot.

For full details and answers to all your questions, visit our Video Streaming FAQs.

Need a data plan for Video Streaming? We’ve got you.
Sponsored