• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When will Ford start converting more reservations to orders again?

OP
OP

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Depending on which Sol Ark and your install, the cheapest solution would be to connect the 240V bed outlet to you generator input on the Sol Arc (nice product btw). Otherwise the HIS would replace the Sol Arc.
That's IF you get a Lightning. I suspect that if Ford allows a bidirectional flow from the batteries of its EVs, it is not going to want to put a 240V bed outlet in them. Could Ford control its EV batteries if they allowed users to more directly access them as opposed to going through a 240V bed outlet?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like there is a possibility of a Final Call [Wave-7] if anyone extended in wave-6

Ford F-150 Lightning When will Ford start converting more reservations to orders again? 1651507832012

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Sounds like there is a possibility of a Final Call [Wave-7] if anyone extended in wave-6

1651507832012.png
FWIW the Ford Lightning team agent told me that they were closing everything on MY22 on Apr 29. She said anything not "in the system" as ordered would be forwarded to MY23. She seemed very knowledgeable as she had the invite list right in front of her for all the six waves. She said any "catch up" invitations(post Wave 6) had already gone out and would have to be converted by Apr 29.

Nobody knows for sure..but I deem the information she provided as probable (but not officially confirmed). I think there are very slim chances of any more invites going out MY22.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
FWIW the Ford Lightning team agent told me that they were closing everything on MY22 on Apr 29. She said anything not "in the system" as ordered would be forwarded to MY23. She seemed very knowledgeable as she had the invite list right in front of her for all the six waves. She said any "catch up" invitations(post Wave 6) had already gone out and would have to be converted by Apr 29.

Nobody knows for sure..but I deem the information she provided as probable (but not officially confirmed). I think there are very slim chances of any more invites going out MY22.
That could be the case, especially if the conversion rate in W6 was high enough that soliciting W7 is not worth the time.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That could be the case, especially if the conversion rate in W6 was high enough that soliciting W7 is not worth the time.
Sort of like squeezing the last drops of reservations before MY'22 ends ?

I am glad I got to order in wave 6 all because someone at my Ford dealer either unconverted, abandoned, or extended their invite.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
She seemed very adamant that all orders had to be "in the system" for a sharp cutoff on Apr 29..

I'm thinking at this point if there is an unconverted invite or order abandonment it would be sent to the allocated dealer as stock. (I'm sure these will be very few and far between)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Likely correct. If by some magic, they’re able to produce faster than planned, 2023 models could start being produced earlier in 2022, which was SOP before everything went nuts.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech

1651507832012.png
Yes, confirmed by Tim @ Long McArthur Ford!

There will be more reservations converted to orders for any unconverted or extended reservations.

Thanks @TaxmanHog !

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, confirmed by Tim @ Long McArthur Ford!

There will be more reservations converted to orders for any unconverted or extended reservations.

Thanks @TaxmanHog !
Yup, I had to roll that snip back when I heard it live this evening

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So does this mean if you happen to be next in line at a dealership that already has allocation you’ll get the call?

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
more orders would be great, but they still have the majority of existing orders that aren't even scheduled for production yet.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
So does this mean if you happen to be next in line at a dealership that already has allocation you’ll get the call?
Yes, any remaining unconverted or extended reservations will become an available allocation for the dealer and will assign the next customer.

Guess Ford wants to squeeze all MY'22 Lightning parts to assemble for delivery.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
more orders would be great, but they still have the majority of existing orders that aren't even scheduled for production yet.
Yah, I know that 3rd and 4th wave people are still waiting.

I am 6th wave order and my dealer says they are waiting for a VIN and production start date on mine.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yah, I know that 3rd and 4th wave people are still waiting.

I am 6th wave order and my dealer says they are waiting for a VIN and production start date on mine.
Same here - Guessing we will have August or September build dates when we finally get scheduled based on where things are. that is fine with me. I will get more concerned if we push out to November / December build dates with delivery in early 2023 due to the tax credit implications

Our Mach-e had a build date of 11/2/21 and thankfully we were able to take delivery on 12/31/21 - just under the wire.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Next week will be BIG, if the monthly trend continues, probably fill out the rest of July & August and touch September.

This is about ORDERS converted to a PRODUCTION WEEK..... my bad for putting it in the Reservations thread.
Sponsored

Last edited: