• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
I am unable to get the update to install. Each time it starts the countdown, Preparing the Update which runs for a few minutes then the screen will go dark, I hear the modules clicking, and receive an error in the App a few minutes later.

First update that I have had issues installing. Any Suggestions?
Sponsored

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm able to see my FCSP connected through my Garage POD on my X1 network.

Is it possible to arrange your pods close enough to reach the garage or is just way outside the range of your network?
Believe or not I just got it to connect to Wi-Fi. It failed adding to my Ford Pass but at least it’s progress.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
After many weeks of the same behavior of this update its hard to imagine that Ford hasn't updated it in some say or thought about triggering a 12v battery charge before they try to update it.

They have details back at the mothership of each failure.

This should be very eye opening to all of us when they know that a single SW update fails for almost everyone multiple times before it is finally successful and if they don't improve in the future, this will be the single biggest thing that will tell us whether or not Ford cares about success or just in it for the profits.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This should be very eye opening to all of us when they know that a single SW update fails for almost everyone multiple times before it is finally successful and if they don't improve in the future, this will be the single biggest thing that will tell us whether or not Ford cares about success or just in it for the profits.
Old institutions change slowly, I know it from first hand experiences, short sighted decisions by mid level executives are the problem.

Reactions: GDN

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Believe or not I just got it to connect to Wi-Fi. It failed adding to my Ford Pass but at least it’s progress.
It's a miracle! After trying for a week it all came together in a matter of 30 minutes. I just connected it to Ford Pass.
I have my charger set internally to 48amps. The app says 80 but I wouldn't thing the software could override the hardware setting. Anyone know it that is true?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have my charger set internally to 48amps. The app says 80 but I wouldn't thing the software could override the hardware setting. Anyone know it that is true?
It won't, adjusting the app won't impact the FCSP, it's setting is telling the truck controllers how much to demand from the EVSE, if the hardware FCSP or other product are limited then, that's all you will get, 48amps

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
1673109802181.jpeg

YIPPIE!! With all this new range, I’m loading up the camper, heading up to the mountains and going skiing!!!! 😉
Sounds like a great winter fling, report back when you get there and can't get back home :)

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate

Sponsored

Vithar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2017 Explory
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Got this update overnight, left for a 140 mile there and back drive this morning, with a brand new GOM showing 318 miles, navigation confidently said no charging needed on the round trip.. about halfway there it suggested 15min of charging, nice I arrived it admitted we need an hour of charging :p

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Standing by for the inevitable "Im suing Ford for false range claims" Thread

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Standing by for the inevitable "Im suing Ford for false range claims" Thread
Already had a few posts like that.........

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Other than the change to the GOM and my radio station lineup being scrambled of course, there is a new behavior, if I shut the truck off without my foot on the brake it protest with dings. I'm pretty sure that didn't work that way before.

Another issue is the climate system. The Auto settings have been funky all along. The fan speed was low on 1 and 3, but on 2 it was much stronger. Today the fan is imperceptible on all three settings. Quite frankly I have no idea what the three auto setting do because they seem to do nothing. This climate system sucks. I didn't get my truck until October so I have no A/C experience.

Maverick87r

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Mine also will not update. Continually tried 5 or 6 times and every night and fails every time.
Sponsored