• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OpenMinded150

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariet Lightning
Occupation
Renewal by Anderson
Let’s see those high mileage Lightnings boys. Bought mine April 16th, 2023. Smashed it in August and had to put 4,500 miles on the rental while it was in the shop. Just about to crest 30K miles should be about 34k.

and don’t believe what you hear on the internet 😉 these things love the winter!
Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! IMG_2983
Ford F-150 Lightning “High” Mileage Lightnings…LETS SEE EM! IMG_3086
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Folks, please share any issues (tire change, battery module, 12V battery, ....) you have had to deal with so us low mileage folks know what is waiting for us and at what mileage.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Folks, please share any issues (tire change, battery module, 12V battery, ....) you have had to deal with so us low mileage folks know what is waiting for us and at what mileage.
Sfa.

I put winter tires on for the winter.

I just got a stone chip in my windshield.

My truck is dirty.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
My outside frunk button died - expensive part, but at least it required lots of dealership labor. Other than that, just minor stuff and recalls.

New tires at just under 45K - went with Falken Wildpeak AT3W, and overall I am happy. They are heavy and there is a bit of a range hit, but wet/cold performance is way better, and there is hardly any tire noise.

Last edited:

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
- Will need to change my tires around 60k . Ford says “yellow” treads.
-No issues at all with HVB
- No issues with 12v except not having a full SOC a couple times which means I had to retry software updates after running my truck in my driveway for a few hours and then they went through .
- the only service issues were wireless car play randomly stopped working and the backseat usbs . Required replacements under warranty.
-build quality issues are the usual center speaker grate and running bar plastic bend. I’m sure I could get these fixed , but always forget when it goes for service.
-driver’s seat wears out to quickly and stretches just like every other f150 I’ve owned.
- love my truck as much as much as the day I took delivery.

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I think most importantly you guys should be sharing your battery condition! Mine is at 98.5% with 17k miles.
How do you check this?

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
How do you check this?
OBDII adapter and a scanner app like Car Scanner (maybe Torque too? I haven't tried that on my EV).

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I think most importantly you guys should be sharing your battery condition! Mine is at 98.5% with 17k miles.
I am planning to check the health every 10k mileage. Mine also drop to 98.5% at 10k and 20k. Will check again once it hit 30k in a few more months.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Great point. Especially if any of you have been leaving it in high SOC under the summer sun, Lots of DCFC or any other rough conditions, please share so we know how much of an impact if any it has in real life. Of course there is always a possibility that a defective battery and good treatment still ends with bad results. But it is still good to have the data.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
31,190 miles. Had the passenger side running board replaced as it was delaminating from initial delivery, had the passenger side door hinge replaced as it squeaked like a car out of the junk yard (also from day 1), had the active air dam motor replaced to stop the active air dam fault (probably at 12k miles). All of that was warranty work. The only other issue I’ve had is that it doesn’t like to work my camper’s right LED blinker. It works the LED blinkers on other campers and my neighbor’s GMC works the blinkers on my camper, so the problem is MY truck with MY camper. Hopefully the camper guys can fix it. Love the Lightning and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to ICE.
Sponsored