• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Just brought it home! It’s way bigger than I anticipated and will need to make room in the garage for it…
Pics or it didn't happen. Let's see that beauty.
Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So I was able to pick my truck up on Monday after my ski trip. Really happy so far, thing drives great, a lot smoother than my 2014 F250, go figure! Seems like I may have gotten it just in time!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Lightnin

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So I was able to pick my truck up on Monday after my ski trip. Really happy so far, thing drives great, a lot smoother than my 2014 F250, go figure! Seems like I may have gotten it just in time!
You must be my doppelgänger! Just picked mine up today after my ski trip as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) BA26EC28-0012-4C4C-8879-70D5BE516BAD

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Wow! To everyone who got their trucks delivered, did you ALL have SHIPPED status?

My status won't ever leave BUILT status. :unsure:

BTW... Congratulations to everyone with successful deliveries.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Well I've had my truck a week now and no regrets, it was worth the 20+ months wait. I've named it "Seven". George Costanza would be proud.
Other than it not fitting in the garage I've had zero issues with it. I've worked my way through all of the menus and settings and I think I have a pretty good grasp on all of the technology.
So far I've charged it at home (solar), at an EA DC fast charger (plug & charge worked perfectly), and using an adapter at a Tesla destination charger. DC fast charging speed was respectable, 33 minutes to go from 20% to 81%. AC charging seems to max out at 10.5 kW.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG-3509
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG-3508

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Well I've had my truck a week now and no regrets, it was worth the 20+ months wait. I've named it "Seven". George Costanza would be proud.
Other than it not fitting in the garage I've had zero issues with it. I've worked my way through all of the menus and settings and I think I have a pretty good grasp on all of the technology.
So far I've charged it at home (solar), at an EA DC fast charger (plug & charge worked perfectly), and using an adapter at a Tesla destination charger. DC fast charging speed was respectable, 33 minutes to go from 20% to 81%. AC charging seems to max out at 10.5 kW.
IMG-3509.jpg
IMG-3508.jpg
As a huge seinfeld fan, I love the name haha. Glad to hear the truck is working well for you!

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Even with the shipping and production stoppage, Ford still keeps moving ETA back 3 days again.

No "SHIPPED" notice but i should expect it within 3 days... yeah ok. Ford doesn't even care about communicating with their customers. :confused:

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230215-231130_Dolphin

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Even with the shipping and production stoppage, Ford still keeps moving ETA back 3 days again.

No "SHIPPED" notice but i should expect it within 3 days... yeah ok. Ford doesn't even care about communicating with their customers. :confused:

Screenshot_20230215-231130_Dolphin.jpg
I never got a shipped notice. Went straight from "your vehicle has been built" email to "complete your purchase".

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
It is obvious the multi-channel communication system is out of sync - I received the Complete Purchase email overnight after my Dealership received my XLT yesterday morning while the online Order Tracking said the week of March 3! Today, the online Tracker has moved to Final Preparation.

Hang in there, if you know your Lightning is in a holding yard, there may be a nice surprise for you soon, like I got. The un-nice surprise is that some Ford Reps think the Price is not locked at the time of the Order Confirmation. I'll post how that goes later.
:cool: :love: o_O 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
It is obvious the multi-channel communication system is out of sync - I received the Complete Purchase email overnight after my Dealership received my XLT yesterday morning while the online Order Tracking said the week of March 3! Today, the online Tracker has moved to Final Preparation.

Hang in there, if you know your Lightning is in a holding yard, there may be a nice surprise for you soon, like I got. The un-nice surprise is that some Ford Reps think the Price is not locked at the time of the Order Confirmation. I'll post how that goes later.
:cool: :love: o_O 🤷‍♂️
My dealer called to inform me delivery did happen yesterday. I asked for price breakdown. He will send tomorrow. I replied I will be by Saturday. Hopefully, price is when ordered and not new sticker MSRP.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer called to inform me delivery did happen yesterday. I asked for price breakdown. He will send tomorrow. I replied I will be by Saturday. Hopefully, price is when ordered and not new sticker MSRP.
You may have to push for the pricing at order confirmation - not all Ford Reps are up to speed. Search other threads for information. They have to get the pricing approved and then wait up to 45 days for Ford to credit the dealer.

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Don’t know what to do. Decided to give up on my truck sitting at the plant. At a different dealer, just test drove a xlt ER mannequin after the drive tried to open the frunk and the truck bricked. 100% dead like the 12v battery is disconnected

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Don’t know what to do. Decided to give up on my truck sitting at the plant. At a different dealer, just test drove a xlt ER mannequin after the drive tried to open the frunk and the truck bricked. 100% dead like the 12v battery is disconnected
That isn't instilling a ton of confidence. I'm just going to assume that everything that can go wrong will go wrong once my truck arrives. As long as I can get things fixed under warranty, I'm ok with that. I've wanted/needed a truck for years, but told myself that my next vehicle would be an EV. Since Ford is the first to market that's what I'll be driving, warts and all. Now I just need Ford to lift the stop shipment hold so I can take my truck home and start shaking it down.

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Negative battery cable was loose. Tech touched it with a wrench and the truck powered up. On my way home,flawless so far. Fast charging right now at a EA station. Plug and charge worked perfectly. 62% charged now 121kw rate of charge.
Sponsored