• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So the green ones are all 7kw or less, and from the reviews many of them don‘t seem to be all that positive. I saw the Nissan dealer and Kia, those look the the best viable option. They’re about 25 mi from where we’re planning on staying.
If you’re staying there, it’s generally enough though. 7kw is still 30A of charging. My Pro only gets 48A. Especially if you can top off at the Kia/Nissan on your way in and out.

I would also recommend picking up a Lectron 48A adapter (or a Teslatap 80A for the ER folks) It looks like there’s several Tesla destinations chargers there. Those are generally reliable and you can plug in there.
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
If you’re staying there, it’s generally enough though. 7kw is still 30A of charging. My Pro only gets 48A. Especially if you can top off at the Kia/Nissan on your way in and out.

I would also recommend picking up a Lectron 48A adapter (or a Teslatap 80A for the ER folks) It looks like there’s several Tesla destinations chargers there. Those are generally reliable and you can plug in there.
Oh that's a good strategy swing by on the way in for a bit, keep it topped off with the closer slower ones and then the night before departure head back to the faster ones if needed.

I was thinking about one of those. I'll look into the teslatap. I previously toggled my plug share app to only show the compatible ones. I'll check it out, thanks!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
In the process of planning three trips, and all 3 trips get me to my destination with about 10% and no near by chargers. 2 of the trips I have no way of charging at the destination either. With that being said I will sadly be trading in the lighting. I will be back one day when the charging network catches up. Now on to hard part of trying to find a truck I want and get a dealer to sell it to me at D plan.
Last night the wife and I had a discussion on whether we should get rid of the F150L as well..

Sponsored

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
Same here, likely getting rid of at least one of these trucks. I want a something to tow longer distances with, likely looking at a SD like I originally wanted.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Same here, likely getting rid of at least one of these trucks. I want a something to tow longer distances with, likely looking at a SD like I originally wanted.
If you weren't in Ontario I'd probably offer to buy it. So far we think we like the Ford more than the Rivian, but we would probably want a loaded Lariat ER or a Platinum. We committed to giving it more time to see but right now our convos is kind or in this sequence:

1) Do we keep the Rivian and trade the F-150L Pro for a F-150L Platinum?
2) If we do that, do we need the Rivian anymore?
3) The F-150L Pro is renting for quite a bit...
4) Maybe we trade the Rivian and use the money to buy a F-150L Platinum?
5) Do we really need (2) F-150Ls?
6) The F-150L Pro is renting for quite a bit...
7) Will that keep up?

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
If you weren't in Ontario I'd probably offer to buy it. So far we think we like the Ford more than the Rivian, but we would probably want a loaded Lariat ER or a Platinum. We committed to giving it more time to see but right now our convos is kind or in this sequence:

7) Will that keep up?
So sounds like you're selling the Rivian and buying a second Lighting, until the pro stops renting so well where you sell it too.

I reached out to two of my dealer buddies who have a loaded lariat Hybrid, and the other has a Platinum Black package.

Both told me no on Dplan until I said I have lighting to trade in haha.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR

7) Will that keep up?
Export would be a great avenue, but Ford Canada is holding a 6 month and 15k km no-export agreement over me. I wish there was a bigger rental market here, that would probably make me want to keep the extra one just for that revenue.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
So sounds like you're selling the Rivian and buying a second Lighting, until the pro stops renting so well where you sell it too.

I reached out to two of my dealer buddies who have a loaded lariat Hybrid, and the other has a Platinum Black package.

Both told me no on Dplan until I said I have lighting to trade in haha.
Potentially, we're holding it for a little while longer to give it a fair shake. So far it's not holding up well. But if it would sell for say $90k, it would basically be an even swap for me into a Platinum (assuming I can find one).

Sponsored

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potentially, we're holding it for a little while longer to give it a fair shake. So far it's not holding up well. But if it would sell for say $90k, it would basically be an even swap for me into a Platinum (assuming I can find one).
Yeah good luck finding one and then being able to buy it for $90k. I made a deal to go trade my lighting in tomorrow. I shall enjoy my last 18 hours with it.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Yeah good luck finding one and then being able to buy it for $90k. I made a deal to go trade my lighting in tomorrow. I shall enjoy my last 18 hours with it.
Not necessarily on a dealer lot. Thanks to Rivian's price increases my R1T has a MSRP that's $25k more than what I purchased it for.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ft-f-150-lightning-lariat-er.8048/

As an example has ER, active, tow tech. I have to read up on the higher trims though about the packages to make sure I don't miss out on something I want (grumble..stupid tow tech)

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not necessarily on a dealer lot. Thanks to Rivian's price increases my R1T has a MSRP that's $25k more than what I purchased it for.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/ft-f-150-lightning-lariat-er.8048/

As an example has ER, active, tow tech. I have to read up on the higher trims though about the packages to make sure I don't miss out on something I want (grumble..stupid tow tech)
Haha, sounds like that could work out well for you. Yes the ER pretty much has everything you could want.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
Here’s where I’m at on mods for those still watching this thread.

20” wheels from an STX
Running boards from a Tremor
30% tint on front windows

I’m really pleased with the improvement the wheels made. I want to get paint-to-match door handles and mirror caps. I’m contemplating painting the grille body color. Then I’ll likely be done.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group AD3F9F80-2B7D-4CEE-8E59-633FCD426FB4
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group EBECA4D1-8539-499D-B0F5-25EC9D6E81CF

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Here’s where I’m at on mods for those still watching this thread.

20” wheels from an STX
Running boards from a Tremor
30% tint on front windows

I’m really pleased with the improvement the wheels made. I want to get paint-to-match door handles and mirror caps. I’m contemplating painting the grille body color. Then I’ll likely be done.
AD3F9F80-2B7D-4CEE-8E59-633FCD426FB4.jpeg
EBECA4D1-8539-499D-B0F5-25EC9D6E81CF.jpeg
You’ll need to grab seats from a Raptor as well
Sponsored