• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
There is definitely something to be said about the tactile feedback of a physical button for sure.

Guaranteed to get .00002 mi/kWh more after that mod 😁

It took a little bit to get used to the vertical but I do like it.
I already got pissed at it on the way home, so hopefully I adjust to it soon. The way they keep my apps and cameras, it actually ends up smaller than the horizontal screen.

I’ve got another minor annoyance as well. My FordPass app tells me I have an update but the truck says it’s up to date. Not sure how to get them synced up
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I already got pissed at it on the way home, so hopefully I adjust to it soon. The way they keep my apps and cameras, it actually ends up smaller than the horizontal screen.

I’ve got another minor annoyance as well. My FordPass app tells me I have an update but the truck says it’s up to date. Not sure how to get them synced up
What version does the truck say you have?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
What version does the truck say you have?
I’ll let you know as soon as I figure it out…

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 75898E2E-AC8B-47D1-A38F-1EA736E3C1DE

That’s all I have on screen. I know it’s been a little, and my wife says I have bad memory, but I could’ve sworn I was able to schedule updates and check my version there.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I’ll let you know as soon as I figure it out…

75898E2E-AC8B-47D1-A38F-1EA736E3C1DE.jpeg

That’s all I have on screen. I know it’s been a little, and my wife says I have bad memory, but I could’ve sworn I was able to schedule updates and check my version there.
Yeah I think that's where you should find the schedule and version. You can also set up a schedule in Ford pass.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

To be fair you've been here long enough to know SW is a hot mess with Ford. We need to adjust your expectations before you get much further. ;)

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
To be fair you've been here long enough to know SW is a hot mess with Ford. We need to adjust your expectations before you get much further. ;)
I thought it wasn’t too bad…but I had a lowly Pro that really didn’t have much software…

Maybe I don’t actually have a love for the Lightning. Maybe I just had a love for buttons. Square buttons. Round buttons. Clicky buttons. Soft buttons. Really any button aside from Benjamin.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Ok both my EV’s have July Birthdays. July 17 2022 for the Lightning and the Mach E (LFP and BC 1.3)was built on the July 3 2023.
Now I have to remember that damn train phone number so I can make my obligatory 18543 calls to verify it’s still at the ramp. August 2022 was a blast with you crazies.
I wonder how many of our group still have our original Lightnings.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
We still have our original Lightning from this build week, we sold our second that was an early August build. The truck is approaching 30k km (19k miles) with the only real issue being the tailgate light bar. We've driven the truck way more than we originally thought. This truck turned into my wife's DD while I got a '21 F250 Lariat Tremor as my personal ride (company vehicle during the week). We were supposed to take delivery of a '23 Lariat ER in Space White and trade in the '22 , but resale values just weren't there anymore.

All in all I'm happy with our Lightning, and I can't wait for the Tesla charging network to open up to us!