• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Are you built yet? It's just shipping? What trim? Have you looked into local inventory?
I'm told it's built. Nothing updated on ford since September. Shipping can't confirm or if it's just hanging out in their lot. It's a Lariat-ER no spray bed liner. Looked into local inventory. But honestly South Dakota isn't the most EV welcoming state and they have had like 1 lightning on their lot total.
I'm in no rush yet but I am someone who hates when timeliness aren't met.
Sponsored

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
I stand corrected. As of this morning. Someone updated my build page. It finally says built.

Here is my question. Will my truck come with the NACS charging cable? I mean it's still sitting st their lot and they said all electric vehicles in January 2024 will have the Tesla charging station cables. Be lame to ship it out days prior and not provide the cables for me.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20231224_072845_Samsung Internet

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I stand corrected. As of this morning. Someone updated my build page. It finally says built.

Here is my question. Will my truck come with the NACS charging cable? I mean it's still sitting st their lot and they said all electric vehicles in January 2024 will have the Tesla charging station cables. Be lame to ship it out days prior and not provide the cables for me.

Screenshot_20231224_072845_Samsung Internet.jpg
Unlikely, when your truck arrives at the dealer, assuming you're trainspotting when she ships, watching the tracker daily, and your close enough, try to get down there when the Lightning is unloaded, take photos of the rear window, curious if they left any cryptic markups about why your truck has been stalled for 4 months, ex. PTC heater replacement, other issues?

Last edited:

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
What's the tracking website again? I had it at one point when ford gave it to me

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
When the car ships, your dealer will be able to access the rail car identifier and the rail carrier. They can access that information through their "VinView" or "Vehicle Visibility" interfaces. It might look like this:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) VehicleVis

The critical information is underlined in red.
Armed with this info, you can trace the railcar minute by minute if you wish to by calling into a touch trace phone system run by the relevant rail shipping company handling your vehicle (Probably Norfolk Southern for westbound trains). This will probably work for transfer to a ship bound for Hawaii too, since the rail car gets transferred, I assume (but maybe I am wrong here).

Sponsored

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Here is the phone tree for the company that shipped my truck (CSX):

CSX
1. Call 1-877-744-7279
2. At the first prompt, press "2" on your phone, followed by "1" at the next prompt followed, by "3".
3. When prompted for the car initials, convert the letters to numbers (each letter is a two digit number: the first digit is the keypad number that maps to the letter trio containing your letter (i.e. ABC is "2", DEF is "3") and the second digit is which if the three is you letter (so the sequence DOX would be 316382#) (Letter code: "TTGX" becomes 81814192# ] then wait for the next prompt. Do the conversion before you call.
4. When prompted for the car number, enter your railcar number followed by the pound key.
5. When prompted for next number say DONE
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

My calls went like this: 2,1,3,81814192#, 851640#, #

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
My abandoned order finally shows built/shipped also, but I wouldn't buy it even if I still wanted to. No telling what kind of shenanigans happened during the 4 months that it sat around collecting dust.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My abandoned order finally shows built/shipped also, but I wouldn't buy it even if I still wanted to. No telling what kind of shenanigans happened during the 4 months that it sat around collecting dust.
If the dealership it's arriving at is close & convenient, I'd love to know what if any markup codes are on the rear window, sometimes they leave cryptic phrases about additional work to make the truck ready to ship. Maybe a bad PTC?

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
If the dealership it's arriving at is close & convenient, I'd love to know what if any markup codes are on the rear window, sometimes they leave cryptic phrases about additional work to make the truck ready to ship. Maybe a bad PTC?
Unfortunately they are about 100 miles away. My guess is also the PTC issue, but if I was going to buy it, I'd be more concerned about the storage conditions, aka how complete was it, was it outside in the elements, was the HV battery charged to 100% for those 4 months, etc.

Sponsored

farmtruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F350XLT, 2 x 12 F250XLT, 23 Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farmer
I am still waiting on mine. Ford says it is IP. All modules have been installed. Tear tag assigned. Had 38 miles on it as of 9/19/23. Still in production.
Wish Ford would tell me what's going on.

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Well, I received an email today from Ford saying my lightning has arrived and is in final preparations. My sales guy is gonna walk the lot here soon to see if it was dropped off over the weekend. Though the weather is -36 degrees outside with the wind. So he's in no rush. Gotta get this finalized and then I'm in the closing process of a house. Unfortunately too many big purchases back to back.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
36 degrees below zero? I'm guessing you're not in Hawaii anymore.

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Worker / Military

farmtruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F350XLT, 2 x 12 F250XLT, 23 Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farmer
Online tracking still shows my truck is still IP. However, I Called the customer service hotline and they say it has shipped with an estimated arrival date of 1/22/2024. Don't think I'll hold my breath yet. Dealer says it's last known location was Allen Park ILL.

Excuse me. Allen Park MI.
Sponsored