• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/28/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER order. 23 Taycan 4CT, 04 E 320 wagon
Finalized a deal on a Lariat ER. Carbon gray with bed liner and power running boards. Only difference between the two is the one I bought doesn’t have the locking storage under the back seat. i didn’t get any discount except the $7500 from Ford but I got the truck I wanted and they agreed to deliver it (dealer is 100 miles from me). Currently out of the country but taking delivery next week. Can’t wait!!!
Sponsored

FLThunder

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Finalized a deal on a Lariat ER. Carbon gray with bed liner and power running boards. Only difference between the two is the one I bought doesn’t have the locking storage under the back seat. i didn’t get any discount except the $7500 from Ford but I got the truck I wanted and they agreed to deliver it (dealer is 100 miles from me). Currently out of the country but taking delivery next week. Can’t wait!!!
Picked mine up yesterday too - congrats! The saga comes to and end :D

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's folks, that concludes my following of VIN's in the 8/28/23 build week.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
What a week Aug 28th turned out to be! We were right smack in the middle of the QC production hold... 24 pages! I don't know if you followed any of the other weeks, but take solace in that one of them stretched to 118 pages (and counting), They caught the front end of the pileup!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if you followed any of the other weeks, but take solace in that one of them stretched to 118 pages (and counting), They caught the front end of the pileup!
I created just about every build week thread on the forum, with exception to this one LOL!!
I have stopped following many of them, but the prolific 7/11/22 thread is unbeatable!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/28/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1700670062379

Technically @bretthicks2 posted an hour earlier in the day on another thread, I built this thread, but merged his post here, causing it to SORT as post number one.

Sponsored

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Oh, no, I know you built all this and are keenly aware of 7/11. I was thinking of @FLThunder and @surlymcm, and the others who had to wait so long for their 8/28 trucks (or eventually give up on them). For them it might be comforting to know, it could have been worse!

spencerje

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023, Jeep Wrangler 2017
And here I'm sitting, still in "Production," and my truck's location just updated to a THIRD office parking lot 3 miles from the factory. Hope they're still doing a promo in 2024. 😫

FLThunder

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
And here I'm sitting, still in "Production," and my truck's location just updated to a THIRD office parking lot 3 miles from the factory. Hope they're still doing a promo in 2024. 😫
My original still sitting IP too. My later build week one though has been great - you’ll love it once you pick one up!

Sponsored

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My original still sitting IP too. My later build week one though has been great - you’ll love it once you pick one up!
My original order is still IP as well. I finally gave up on it and was able to find a virtually identical one at a dealer about 100 miles away from me. Local dealer was very quick to refund my deposit and I am thrilled with my Lightning so far. Might be time to start looking at what is available now?

spencerje

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023, Jeep Wrangler 2017
Whelp. I took everyone's advice and went ahead and purchased a truck off the lot, from a different dealer. It's the exact same spec (paint, wheels, and all) that I ordered, but........ Ford cancelled the $7,500 on Monday, so I lost out on that. 😡 Fortunately, they're doing a low-APR promo, and the dealer knocked $2,500 off the price, so in the end, I'm only ~$2-3K worse off.

I'm told I have to wait for my original order to get delivered before I can decline it and recoup my $1K deposit.

FLThunder

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
In case anyone is still poking around, my 5/9 order / 8/28 build finally shipped on 12/21. I've had my other Lightning for about a month now and absolutely love the truck, but super happy to have grabbed the $7500 Ford cash offer when it was live.

Happy holidays, everyone!

surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Out of curiosity I just checked on my order. Still “in production”! So glad I gave up on it and bought one and also got the 7500. Bizarre that it has been in production since September.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Out of curiosity I just checked on my order. Still “in production”! So glad I gave up on it and bought one and also got the 7500. Bizarre that it has been in production since September.
My suspicion is that more trucks were affected by the defective PTC's than said originally, note the recent rash of posts that parts are now available to fix trucks held at dealer lots and deliveries finally being made.
Sponsored