• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
I am beginning to wonder again if my truck is in some kind of hold. Ford said was "built" and released to Transportation on 9/26 and my deal says it's in "offsite storage." Which is it and how can get some information about what is really going on? Make me think Ford does not want sell Trucks in NE.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1696623289403

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Make me think Ford does not want sell Trucks in NE.

1696623289403.png
Not the case, ant XLT-311A was delivered to my local dealership yesterday in Seekonk Mass.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not the case, ant XLT-311A was delivered to my local dealership yesterday in Seekonk Mass.
Thanks - my Dealer is in NH - close to the VT border so as you indicated earlier a different transit pattern. Just trying to see if its "normal" for 10+ days in "built" status. Not a lot of other options out there in the NE - mostly special order Lariat and "dealer ordered" - the latter which might be canceled. Your Dealer shows "Extended Inventory" Does that mean Trucks that are still in MI - Just being snarky as I cannot get s clear answer from the dealer or Ford and each points me to the other.

CC-2224

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat (ordered)
Thanks - my Dealer is in NH - close to the VT border so as you indicated earlier a different transit pattern. Just trying to see if its "normal" for 10+ days in "built" status. Not a lot of other options out there in the NE - mostly special order Lariat and "dealer ordered" - the latter which might be canceled. Your Dealer shows "Extended Inventory" Does that mean Trucks that are still in MI - Just being snarky as I cannot get s clear answer from the dealer or Ford and each points me to the other.
This has been my status for a while - similar to yours.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1696626353112

On Ford.com, they've pushed back my estimated delivery date 4 times. It now says:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1696626479315

But I'm not going to hold my breath for that to be unchanged.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No conspiracies involved, it is just a matter of putting a limited number of hands on 17,000+ trucks one at a time to prepare them for any perfections, final QC and shipping, that's across 8 build weeks.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This has been my status for a while - similar to yours.
1696626353112.png

On Ford.com, they've pushed back my estimated delivery date 4 times. It now says:
1696626479315.png

But I'm not going to hold my breath for that to be unchanged.
This is my estimated Delivery. I think this is possible if the Truck leaves Dearborn soon. But there is still the CSP and of course, finalizing the deal/Price.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1696629143071

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No conspiracies involved, it is just a matter of putting a limited number of hands on 17,000+ trucks one at a time to prepare them for any perfections, final QC and shipping, that's across 8 build weeks.
I am only asking for some more granular info on transit windows to NY (Albany) as it seems Trucks are transiting to destinations that are further away from your excellent tracking. Ford says the Truck is "released" I am happy for all those across later build weeks who are getting their trucks.

CC-2224

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am only asking for some more granular info on transit windows to NY (Albany) as it seems Trucks are transiting to destinations that are further away from your excellent tracking. Ford says the Truck is "released" I am happy for all those across later build weeks who are getting their trucks.
Are people in later build weeks getting theirs before ours???!?!?!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The string which carries cargo to upstate NY stoping in Albany is one and the same that terminates at East Brookfield Ma, it would likely be a couple days sooner drop ~8 day~ before the run and remaining rail cars continue south eastward.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Are people in later build weeks getting theirs before ours???!?!?!
Yes, some delivered and many shipped still in transit, this is the nature of FILO

CC-2224

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, some delivered and many shipped still in transit, this is the nature of FILO
FILO, under conditions of high inventory, definitely does not serve the best interest of customers. Too bad that method of inventory management isn't yet banned here in the US like it is in other places in the world. :mad:

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
FILO, under conditions of high inventory, definitely does not serve the best interest of customers. Too bad that method of inventory management isn't yet banned here in the US like it is in other places in the world. :mad:
I agree, but then you have the logistical catch-22 of so many vehicles on the property, that any strategy to extract them LIFO is difficult.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The string which carries cargo to upstate NY stoping in Albany is one and the same that terminates at East Brookfield Ma, it would likely be a couple days sooner drop ~8 day~ before the run and remaining rail cars continue south eastward.
I have again "escalated" my concerns to Ford to ascertain if the Truck truly is released to Transit or something else. Assuming 3 weeks for Train and Convey - the Truck should be in transit or close to it to make it to NH before the end of the month. Since other Trucks appear to be moving and in later AUG build dates per your tracking - I am unfortunately growing concerned "my" truck is in fact in offsite storage and not "released" as Ford Corporate says based on their "secondary" system.
Sponsored