• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
So this week I wanted to try running the battery down to below 50% just to get an idea of actual mileage/range, and today on my way to work I got the dreaded powertrain malfunction/reduced power warning. The truck never lost 100% power, but its funny that the first time I had the truck get near 60% battery, I get this message. Almost seems like I finally hit a battery module I never hit before and caused this error to come up.

EDIT:

AND I just got a call from Fordpass rewards about my points I was never awarded, and because my truck sale date was marked as 1/27 and I didn't take delivery until 4/5 and activated the modem then. They said the can't award me the points due to their shipping hold.... Said to contact the dealer and they can release the points to me, but I have serious doubts about that.

Remind me to never buy a Ford vehicle again 😅
Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
That's a bummer. I haven't depleted mine much below 25% but might want to run it low to be doubly sure there aren't any weak cells.

When was your battery pack manufactured? You can view a sticker on the pack from behind the driver's side front wheel:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) PXL_20230424_022841292

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
That's a bummer. I haven't depleted mine much below 25% but might want to run it low to be doubly sure there aren't any weak cells.

When was your battery pack manufactured? You can view a sticker on the pack from behind the driver's side front wheel:
PXL_20230424_022841292.jpg
I'l take a look tonight and let you know what I find. I believe my truck was shipped back to Michigan to have a module replaced during the stop shipment, so I'll be curious if my sticker is different.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO

PXL_20230424_022841292.jpg
Maybe I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing that sticker anywhere on the battery pack behind the front drivers side tire

Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Maybe I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing that sticker anywhere on the battery pack behind the front drivers side tire
It should be on the side of the welded aluminum battery box resting above its steel cradle

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
So last night I disconnected the 12v battery for 5min and the message was still there when I started the truck (Didn't drive it anywhere). I then charged the truck to 100% last night and this morning as I was pulling the truck out of the garage the warning went away on the dash. Drove to work and it never re-appeared and it also cleared out from the app. Crossing my fingers it was a fluke as I never had an issue of losing any power while the warning was on my screen. I'm going to run the truck back down to 50% again to see if it pops up again, that way I will know if it is a module issue.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I'd put money on that it will. Fingers crossed.

I just had a chat with Ford. Here is an excerpt ...

Tifanny: I appreciate your patience Joel, I show the status of your 2023 F-150 is In Transit. The estimated time is April 25 ,2023 – May 01, 2023 available at this moment.

Tifanny: Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 0112737556 (Jack Cooper Transport ) as of April 24

Tifanny: 25*

Joel: Wait.. do you mean it's being shipped as we speak? Really?

Tifanny: Correct thats what it is showing at this moment.

Joel: Wow! Ok. Thank you.

My dealer is about 2 hours from Dearborn so I'm hoping that my dealer will be calling me in the morning with news of a soon to be delivered Lightning. 🙃

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So this week I wanted to try running the battery down to below 50% just to get an idea of actual mileage/range, and today on my way to work I got the dreaded powertrain malfunction/reduced power warning. The truck never lost 100% power, but its funny that the first time I had the truck get near 60% battery, I get this message. Almost seems like I finally hit a battery module I never hit before and caused this error to come up.

EDIT:

AND I just got a call from Fordpass rewards about my points I was never awarded, and because my truck sale date was marked as 1/27 and I didn't take delivery until 4/5 and activated the modem then. They said the can't award me the points due to their shipping hold.... Said to contact the dealer and they can release the points to me, but I have serious doubts about that.

Remind me to never buy a Ford vehicle again 😅
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
She arrived at dealer this morning. Picking her up around noon tomorrow. :cool:

57723.jpeg

57725.jpeg

57734.jpeg
Congrats Lightning Rod! Been hoping you would get some good news eventually! You’re gonna love it!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
She arrived at dealer this morning. Picking her up around noon tomorrow. :cool:

57723.jpeg

57725.jpeg

57734.jpeg
Did you look at the drivers door jam sticker?
I'm curious if your build week and production date are consistent

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Did you look at the drivers door jam sticker?
I'm curious if your build week and production date are consistent

I never went there yesterday. These are pics that my dealer sent me. I will go and pick it up later around noon and find out then. I will keep you posted. :cool: