• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group 1663547330081

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group 1663547356005
Sponsored

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Got the email from Ford this morning to Complete Purchase and drove down to the dealer to see if it was in. sure enough, parked right in the back lot behind a 6’ security fence and locked gates, it’s here. we did all the paper Work last week but I need to leave town Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully it’ll be in our driveway Wednesday afternoon. My wife and I are headed overseas for a 3 week vacation next week too so it’s just going to be driven a few days before being parked. I told her we could probably put it on Turo for the time we’re gone and pay for our whole trip. That idea didn’t go over very well as she knows how long I’ve been waiting for this. it’s my first “new” car since 1998 and replaces my 2015 Tesla Model S I sold last April to prep for the Lightning.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group BC2D5DBF-B6FD-400B-9864-93CD874985E9

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group 4AF2410B-9D11-4EFD-BCE1-5FD7A730BE37

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group E4A8250B-31A8-4FBE-A119-D76E96C14D17

omoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Rapid Red
Got the truck on Saturday no issues. Went first thing in the morning and was in and out of the dealership in about an hour. No real markup and the sales manager wasn't even pushy at all.

So far everything is good, the clunky sync 4 is definitely a step backwards from my Model 3's... It's going to take getting used to. Rest of the truck is great. Love that frunk.

Trying to figure out what accessories to get. After mats and tonneau cover I think the antenna is next. It probably doesn't matter for range but that big old school antenna feels like a bad match for a EV.

Thanks for all the help guys with your tips and info, and Taxman with the tracking.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Got the truck on Saturday no issues. Went first thing in the morning and was in and out of the dealership in about an hour. No real markup and the sales manager wasn't even pushy at all.

So far everything is good, the clunky sync 4 is definitely a step backwards from my Model 3's... It's going to take getting used to. Rest of the truck is great. Love that frunk.

Trying to figure out what accessories to get. After mats and tonneau cover I think the antenna is next. It probably doesn't matter for range but that big old school antenna feels like a bad match for a EV.

Thanks for all the help guys with your tips and info, and Taxman with the tracking.
Have you seen the Decked drawer system? It's on my short list for sure.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Have you seen the Decked drawer system? It's on my short list for sure.
I bought a decked system for one of our managers when he got a new 1500. It hasn’t been as useful as he’d hoped and robs significant bed space, so I won’t be buying more. They seem like a quality piece for a very specific application.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
I bought a decked system for one of our managers when he got a new 1500. It hasn’t been as useful as he’d hoped and robs significant bed space, so I won’t be buying more. They seem like a quality piece for a very specific application.
Bed depth specifically, no? Horizontal space should be the same or better given it is above the wheelwells.

I'm switching from an SUV for camping/etc so anticipate the additional weather-protected storage to be useful (camp kitchen/etc), but I'm curious to see if the frunk does enough.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Bed depth specifically, no? Horizontal space should be the same or better given it is above the wheelwells.

I'm switching from an SUV for camping/etc so anticipate the additional weather-protected storage to be useful (camp kitchen/etc), but I'm curious to see if the frunk does enough.
The volume of the truck bed occupied by the decked is probably only 60% efficient use of the space. You largely lose the corners of the bed and the space between the drawers. The drawers are tapered at the bottom, costing more space. Bed depth is also an issue. Construction materials on top of the Decked look far more likely to fall out than a standard truck bed.

Decked would work for one of our irrigation guys who need a large inventory of small parts, but in that case a Promaster van with shelving is even better and cheaper than a pickup.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Received, picked up and driven home. Great truck! Looks like i need the phone as key update for the os, next since that did not show up on the app.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Mine arrived at the dealership this morning, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Maybe one day Sun Run will call me back about the charger sitting in my living room.

Sponsored

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Received, picked up and driven home. Great truck! Looks like i need the phone as key update for the os, next since that did not show up on the app.
Don't know if it matters, but make sure you have the most recent version of FordPass (4.21.0). My Android phone installed a version update last night, and the iPhone version looks like it was recently updated as well.

I think you have to have a user profile set up in the truck also(?)

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Mine arrived at the dealership this morning, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Maybe one day Sun Run will call me back about the charger sitting in my living room.
Picked mine up on Monday and yesterday I got an email from Sunrun to confirm my address for shipping. The dealer did say he reported the sale to sunburn before I left on Monday. So far the truck is great. Stereo is a little sad but not super bad. Get ready to make lots of friends on your trips.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Don't know if it matters, but make sure you have the most recent version of FordPass (4.21.0). My Android phone installed a version update last night, and the iPhone version looks like it was recently updated as well.

I think you have to have a user profile set up in the truck also(?)
I did setup a profile, but it looks like I have an older version of the OTA update. I will have to see if it updates automatically. Looks like some folks need to force the update somehow, but I have not seen how to do that.

omoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Rapid Red
One more data point on the Ford charge station. Got the shipping email from Sunrun today, got the "confirmation" email on the 21st. Again the delivery of vehicle was Saturday, so this tracks.
Sponsored