• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I remember last night they stated that the Premium trim gets the Ford Charger pro as standard equipment. They didn’t say what it would cost to get it installed.
They can’t have a set installation cost since each installation will be different.
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
That'd be a better than I am expecting too. Doesn't seem to add up given how much bigger the F150 is than the Rivian. It'll be interesting to see how the EPA ratings come out. That'd be impressive if they are able to hit 300+ miles with a 131 kWh battery given the size of the F150.
Don't forget that Mach E is only 90 MPGe, and F150 is heavier/bigger than Rivian. Rivian can only reach 71 MPGe.

In addition, even Mitsubishi's PHEV SUV can only reach 74 MPGe. I would be surprised if F150 can get 70 MPGe. 79 MPGe is not possible, unless Ford changed physics.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
70 mph and moderate temperature, easily 300 miles. Ease up a bit to 65, be lightly loaded and I could imagine 400.
own a tesla and youll quickly see this will not help. If they quote 330 miles range, never ever ever will you see 300 regardless of how you drive.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
own a tesla and youll quickly see this will not help. If they quote 330 miles range, never ever ever will you see 300 regardless of how you drive.
I can echo this :( Theoretically I can get to NYC and back on a single charge in decent temps. In reality I know I'm going to be charging at the end of the Merrit Pkwy crossing back onto 91. Sigh.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
That's a Tesla thing. Tesla range is overly optimistic, while Ford's is overly pessimistic. I easily get get 320 miles on my MME, even though the official range is 270. This is city driving. I don't expect to see 30% increase at highway speeds.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Depends on time of year and location. We routinely get rated miles in South Florida, not so much in Virginia. Also depends on how you drive. But it isn't hard at all to get 325 miles out of our 325-mile rated 2019 MX if driven to get that. I don't do so often, but when I try, it is there without effort.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Ford could be going with optimistic approach on EPA estimates for their top selling truck in opposed to Mach-E.
Range for the Lightning is 300 miles with the frunk open and 375 with it closed.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Good point - I think it is only a $10K adder on the Pro for those who would actually be able to buy that. $7K on XLT and Lariat. FREE for Platinum :)
The folks on the road tour could not speak definite prices but were hinting at $10k step up for ER battery which includes the 80A charger and the backup power inverter.

For those clinging to the SR models the 80A charger with backup inverter were quoted around $2K.

Now I'm really looking at loaded XLT with ER.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
One can only assume they are avoiding the bad news that the Pro will be a 2023 model with the XLT in late 2022.
Considering they're already testing Pro's on the road and that fleet sales are opening this year, it would be a sales strategy and not due to a parts or manufacturing shortage.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The folks on the road tour could not speak definite prices but were hinting at $10k step up for ER battery which includes the 80A charger and the backup power inverter.

For those clinging to the SR models the 80A charger with backup inverter were quoted around $2K.

Now I'm really looking at loaded XLT with ER.
My guess is the ER battery is +$7k for all models except the Pro, which will eventually get it for $10k. ;)

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
That's a Tesla thing. Tesla range is overly optimistic, while Ford's is overly pessimistic. I easily get get 320 miles on my MME, even though the official range is 270. This is city driving. I don't expect to see 30% increase at highway speeds.
I got rated efficiency in my Model 3 on interstate trips in good weather (and lifetime efficiency), but I agree with your point that Ford is generally notably more conservative with their estimates.

That said, I don’t think they’re being all THAT conservative with the Lightning if they are saying that 98kWh will provide 230 miles of range or 131kWh will provide 300 miles of range. All the “maybe it will actually get 460 miles of range” speculation is even more dead, now.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That said, I don’t think they’re being all THAT conservative with the Lightning if they are saying that 98kWh will provide 230 miles of range or 131kWh will provide 300 miles of range. All the “maybe it will actually get 460 miles of range” speculation is even more dead, now.
Lightning might get 460 if you only drove in the city, and only downhill, and no load. That being said, I can see that in my case I could get 320-350 range with the bigger battery. Still I am ready to make a prediction that a year from now we'll see many threads here complaining that the range is only 230 and is it possible that Ford gave me the wrong battery.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Lightning might get 460 if you only drove in the city, and only downhill, and no load. That being said, I can see that in my case I could get 320-350 range with the bigger battery. Still I am ready to make a prediction that a year from now we'll see many threads here complaining that the range is only 230 and is it possible that Ford gave me the wrong battery.
I take it you have been visiting the Mach-e forums. That is a daily thread there. No one wants to believe cold weather range reduction.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I take it you have been visiting the Mach-e forums. That is a daily thread there. No one wants to believe cold weather range reduction.
It's a daily new thread there. I still think most people know and understand this, but a significant minority is completely clueless. They also don't understand that remaining range display is just an estimate and is dynamic.
Sponsored