• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Nice to know, probably continue with my 90% charging regime, but not as worried when I top up for hauling trips to 100%
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
In general, people have been very disappointed with Mach-e OTA updates. I knew that going in and am prepared to be happy if it sticks with as delivered software (minus any fixes for recalls and the like).
First Edition MachE, delivered 28 Feb 21, I can tell you our OTA experience was fine but my expectations for a first year and model vehicle were set appropriately. Had good wifi signal in the garage and it just kept getting better. When we traded in July for a GTPE we had Blue Cruise. Never went to the dealer between purchase and trade 15 months later. Didn't do glass recalls they did it before they sold it. Our 21 Powerboost is getting OTAs as well. Blue Cruise as well as trans shift points, pro power quirks all fixed OTA. I expect our Lightning will be the same.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Confusing this is that if you look at the window sticker in the EPA rating area they give a number on my SR PRO that says 49 kw-hours per 100 miles. They quote the 240 mile range so if I do this math, a 240 mile range using the 49kw-hour per 100 miles would require a 117.6 kwh battery

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Confusing this is that if you look at the window sticker in the EPA rating area they give a number on my SR PRO that says 49 kw-hours per 100 miles. They quote the 240 mile range so if I do this math, a 240 mile range using the 49kw-hour per 100 miles would require a 117.6 kwh battery
EPA rating includes charging losses, so it is power from the wall, not power from the battery.

If you use 98kWhrs in the SR battery (usable), that means they are factoring in 20% for the charging losses. Seems high to me!

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Sorry for another zombie revival, but

Beyond laying under the truck and viewing the sticker; shopping for a used XLT or Lariat is there any easier way to find if the dealer or seller has incorrectly listed it? I tried using the VIN's but seems window stickers may not all load.

Sponsored

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T

Beyond laying under the truck and viewing the sticker; shopping for a used XLT or Lariat is there any easier way to find if the dealer or seller has incorrectly listed it? I tried using the VIN's but seems window stickers may not all load.
You can get that info directly from the VIN number without having to get the window sticker!

8th position in the VIN will be "L" for Standard Range, or "V" for Extended Range battery.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post. This method will show you SR/ER battery, but not trim level.

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
8th position in the VIN will be "L" for Standard Range, or "V" for Extended Range battery.
this nailed it perfectly! thank you so much. Basically making backup plans if dealer doesn't honor the Pro old MSRP to just buy used.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

Other than the vin, look at the equipment. I believe that on both the XLT and the Lariat, the higer trim package is locked together with the ER battery, so if the XLT has the power tailgate along with the light bar across the tailgate, then it SHOULD have the ER battery. Also if the XLT has the 20 inch wheels that come on the lariat, it should be ER (although wheels are easily swapped). If the Lariat has Blue Cruise, then it SHOULD have ER.
This might help identify it from pictures,if the vin is not listed, but I would always confirm by the vin as well.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Now that this thread has been revived, I'm very surprised that after 12 months of trucks on the road Ford hasn't been able to make some updates to unprotect a bit more of the battery and improve the charging curve a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Yes - thanks. lol I corrected my post for future readers.
Sponsored