• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Nope. Read that response again. That is a textbook non-answer to a straightforward question.
The host actually answered that one verbally in the livestream and I seem to remember his response being a little less vague and more like they'll all be available, but that's the reason they don't record these and post them on youtube I'd imagine. There were plenty of times I had wished I could pause or rewind the stream...
Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Reading all this information on the Lighting (and other EVs) just reinforces the conclusion - these EVs , although a noble pursuit, are not ready for real world applications and are really impractical to own, especially for the price. For example, this range of 280 miles is with the more expensive battery and is under no payload or towing conditions. If a additional passengers, payload, and/or towing is added in the range drops, and drops significantly - most accounts I read (e.g. the Rivian - which Motor Trend gushes over) the range drops by about 60%. Then PARTIAL recharge is at least several hours and full recharge is longer than that. So if you have RV, your trip time is so extended, the whole purpose is defeated. Again, I think the intent is noble and the research continues to be done to lengthen available distance - particularly with payload or towing - and shorten recharge time to several minutes. Once these advances are achieved, then EVs are real. But until such time - I'll consider the hybrid or keep my 2015 V6 that gets about 21 MPG and get a president that has a balanced energy policy that resecures our energy independence and gas prices once again come down - LET'S GO BRANDON!
what an insightful piece of literature Jim, so glad you took the time to make an account and use this as your first ever post. The thing is this truck is not intended to do the things your typical RV hauling rigs do, there is literally a truck for all occasions and the lightning isn’t expected to do that at first. This is a truck in complete honesty geared toward your middle/upper middle class suburban dad who does a bit of Home Depot projects on the weekends and maybe grabs the boat to head off to the lake a few times a year. “Camping”will Consist of loading up the wife, kids and family dog to drive an hour or two to a campground with 220V power that they can camp but have showers and a restroom nearby. Your needs would be best filled with a PowerBOOST which Ford also continues to market. Want to have the ultimate desert runner? Guess what, the lightning ain’t it but a Raptor will fit the bill.
These trucks are intended to fill a subset of the truck marketplace, not take it all over. Will it get to a point one day they can do it all, maybe but we have to start somewhere and build up to it. Everyone of us grew up with petrol dominated propulsion all around us but a gas station on every corner is historically recent condition. Maybe my grandkids or great grandkids will one day see charging stations, hydrogen refueling stations and other energy transfer mediums as commonplace.

BTW, change the channel or turn it off completely to avoid all sides of media bias. Do some independent research. We are pretty F’n energy independent right now. Continued diversification will only aid in that as no country can meddle in our nations sunlight and wind exposure. Start electing and pushing for even cleaner forms of energy. As a pure capitalist the lack of Nuclear opportunities is shocking. NIMBY? If I could guarantee fixed energy costs for the next 50 years then literally put it in my yard please.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
That'd be a better than I am expecting too. Doesn't seem to add up given how much bigger the F150 is than the Rivian. It'll be interesting to see how the EPA ratings come out. That'd be impressive if they are able to hit 300+ miles with a 131 kWh battery given the size of the F150.
70 mph and moderate temperature, easily 300 miles. Ease up a bit to 65, be lightly loaded and I could imagine 400.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat 502A
I remember last night they stated that the Premium trim gets the Ford Charger pro as standard equipment. They didn’t say what it would cost to get it installed.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Well thank you for kind and earnest compliment. The further thing is the dominate commentary So you need not be so snide and condescending in your your future dialogue - its not good.....
Would try not to end posts in LET'S GO BRANDON if you're hoping to have a civilized conversation.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Delaying the Pro seems to suggest that most fleet owners will not be in front of regular folks.

(almost said regular Joes but didn't want to offend anyone)

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Good point - I think it is only a $10K adder on the Pro for those who would actually be able to buy that. $7K on XLT and Lariat. FREE for Platinum :)
well…the big battery is included in that big ol’ Platinum price tag. Not exactly free ;). I’m sure someone on the internet is railing about being FORCED to buy the big battery just to get Platinum equipment?

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Delaying the Pro seems to suggest that most fleet owners will not be in front of regular folks.

(almost said regular Joes but didn't want to offend anyone)

This seems to be the case based on the earlier stream that was causing everyone to believe that they were delayed until fall of 2022. It sounds like fleet sales are delayed until then, but single customer orders are not.

This probably makes sense as getting it out into the general public will create more visibility of the truck than the fleet sales will, and they want to maximize visibility at first.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
70 mph and moderate temperature, easily 300 miles. Ease up a bit to 65, be lightly loaded and I could imagine 400.
I don't think the increase will be that good. You might get 5-10% more with 5mph less, and maybe 15-20% more with 10mph less. Wind resistance is a parabolic curve past a certain speed where it overwhelms rolling resistance.

With my 2006 F-150 XLT 5.4L, I normally get 15.5MPG highway at 75. When I slowed to about 65, it increased to 18mpg.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Reminds me of something I heard way back when...the F-4 Phantom is America's statement to the world that with a large enough engine, you can push a brick through the sky.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Oh, can't seem to find it but I have been getting the impression no Cruise control on Pro, much like an XL Maverick. I hope I am mistaken, $40k and no cruise?

Viper GTS

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P, 2005 GX470
Occupation
God
Oh, can't seem to find it but I have been getting the impression no Cruise control on Pro, much like an XL Maverick. I hope I am mistaken, $40k and no cruise?
That was answered on the livestream Q&A (in chat, not in the stream):

FordUser: does the Pro trim include cruise control as a standard feature?
⮑Moderator: Yes, cruise control is standard on the Pro model.
From here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...vestream-12-16-–-q-a-specs-infographics.7503/

Seageo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60, ID.4
Where are you getting easily 300mph at 70 mph? The difference in drag force between, which is consumes most of the energy at speed, would result in about 15% more range. So it would have to have a range of about 340 or more miles at 70 mph.
Sponsored