• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So close - I bet you could get your dealer to drop the price $200 so you qualify for the Fed tax credit - if they are reasonable they'd do it.
No need. Shipping doesn't count towards the 80k limit.

And what you pay doesn't matter. It goes by the number on the sticker.
Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
This is how it should have been priced at the beginning. Lariat ER should have been below $80k to get the tax credit. I'm really considering throwing in another reservation now.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The link said all 2023 Pro's are sold out. Maybe a dealership is sitting on one though...
You can't order a new one for retail but there are many on dealer lots. Also fleet ones on lots and also I'm probably going to add one more to the list that has both max tow and tow tech which most that I so out there do not have.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
This is how it should have been priced at the beginning. Lariat ER should have been below $80k to get the tax credit. I'm really considering throwing in another reservation now.
There are no more reservations. You just go to a dealer and place an order.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
For most states that have these rules, the period is 3 business days. If I was within the 3 days, I'd definitely be going this route.
It does vary...and sometimes only applies if you had to cross state lines to buy, e.g., from Va to Md.

In Va it is 3 days generally, but for used cars it is 30 days, unless you bought it with a legally valid "as is" statement.

And there are lemon laws too with some limitations.

From what I've read about here and elsewhere, some Lightning buyers might qualify for that, if Ford didn't resolve the problem, you have a right to return the vehicle with some limitations.

In Virginia:

To qualify as a lemon, the vehicle must have experienced issues within the first 18 months of purchase.

The car dealer must have tried to repair it three times without fixing the problem, or one time for a serious safety defect. Alternatively, it must have been out of service for at least 30 days.

If one of these circumstances occurs to a vehicle purchased in Virginia, or the vehicle fails to live up to the warranties made about the vehicle, the buyer is entitled to one of two remedies from the manufacturer: a replacement vehicle or a refund of the purchase price, less a reasonable amount for use of the vehicle.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Everyone that overpaid should get their truck lemon lawed for "failure to achieve stated range" or "wiper motor failure"
As long as the EPA Range testing was performed properly and certified by EPA, that's not going to do it. YMMV (or YRMV) is a real thing.

OTOH, a failed wiper motor not replaced in 30 days would. ;)

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
As long as the EPA Range testing was performed properly and certified by EPA, that's not going to do it. YMMV (or YRMV) is a real thing.

OTOH, a failed wiper motor not replaced in 30 days would. ;)
what about a never ending "air damn fault"

mcb

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Taxpayer
Greater Plant Capacity, Improving Efficiencies Support Lower F-150 Lightning Prices for Customers

1689558246417.jpeg

DEARBORN, Mich., July 17, 2023 – Ford is taking advantage of increased plant capacity, continued work on scaling production and cost, and improving battery raw material costs to help lower the MSRP of F-150 Lightning® for all customers.

The Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan is temporarily closed to complete final plant upgrades to triple the plant’s annual run rate to a targeted 150,000 F-150 Lightning trucks beginning this fall.

The upgrades at the plant, combined with improving battery raw material costs and continued work on scaling production and cost, help make it possible to lower pricing across the F-150 Lightning line. Customers will now have greater availability of their built-to-order truck as early as October at an MSRP closer to initial Lightning pricing.

“Shortly after launching the F-150 Lightning, rapidly rising material costs, supply constraints and other factors drove up the cost of the EV truck for Ford and our customers,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Ford Model e. “We’ve continued to work in the background to improve accessibility and affordability to help to lower prices for our customers and shorten the wait times for their new F-150 Lightning.”

F-150 Pricing.jpg

With ordering now open for all customers, Ford is offering a $1,000 bonus for retail customers who build their own XLT, Lariat or Platinum truck through their dealer or via ford.com from July 6 to July 31 as part of the national summer sales event. In addition, Ford Credit is offering eligible buyers interest rates as low as 1.9 percent APR for 36-months.1

The 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year, most F-150 Lightning models are also eligible for as much as $7,500 in potential Inflation Reduction Act consumer and commercial electric vehicle tax credits, making it an even more enticing option for eligible customers considering an electric pickup truck.2

Starting early next year, all F-150 Lightning customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.Commercial customers can also access Ford Pro Charging solutions to keep their F-150 Lightning powered up whether they need to charge at home or onsite at work.

Customers can order their F-150 Lightning from their local dealer here or in-store.

###

1 Requires financing through Ford Credit. Not all buyers will qualify. 36 months at $28.60 per month per $1,000 financed, regardless of down payment. Place a new retail order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer’s stock by 07/31/2023. See dealer for qualifications and details.

2 Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine your individual eligibility. Tax credit amount is based on vehicle-specific component sourcing and assembly and may be subject to change. Retail customers may not claim the credit if (1) your adjusted gross income exceeds certain thresholds or (2) the MSRP of the vehicle, as configured, exceeds $80,000 (including all optional equipment attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer, but excluding destination charges, optional items added by the dealer, taxes and fees). The federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. For additional information, go to https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409.

mcb

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Taxpayer
Greater Plant Capacity, Improving Efficiencies Support Lower F-150 Lightning Prices for Customers

1689558246417.jpeg

DEARBORN, Mich., July 17, 2023 – Ford is taking advantage of increased plant capacity, continued work on scaling production and cost, and improving battery raw material costs to help lower the MSRP of F-150 Lightning® for all customers.

The Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Michigan is temporarily closed to complete final plant upgrades to triple the plant’s annual run rate to a targeted 150,000 F-150 Lightning trucks beginning this fall.

The upgrades at the plant, combined with improving battery raw material costs and continued work on scaling production and cost, help make it possible to lower pricing across the F-150 Lightning line. Customers will now have greater availability of their built-to-order truck as early as October at an MSRP closer to initial Lightning pricing.

“Shortly after launching the F-150 Lightning, rapidly rising material costs, supply constraints and other factors drove up the cost of the EV truck for Ford and our customers,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Ford Model e. “We’ve continued to work in the background to improve accessibility and affordability to help to lower prices for our customers and shorten the wait times for their new F-150 Lightning.”

F-150 Pricing.jpg

With ordering now open for all customers, Ford is offering a $1,000 bonus for retail customers who build their own XLT, Lariat or Platinum truck through their dealer or via ford.com from July 6 to July 31 as part of the national summer sales event. In addition, Ford Credit is offering eligible buyers interest rates as low as 1.9 percent APR for 36-months.1

The 2023 MotorTrend Truck of the Year, most F-150 Lightning models are also eligible for as much as $7,500 in potential Inflation Reduction Act consumer and commercial electric vehicle tax credits, making it an even more enticing option for eligible customers considering an electric pickup truck.2

Starting early next year, all F-150 Lightning customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada.Commercial customers can also access Ford Pro Charging solutions to keep their F-150 Lightning powered up whether they need to charge at home or onsite at work.

Customers can order their F-150 Lightning from their local dealer here or in-store.

###

1 Requires financing through Ford Credit. Not all buyers will qualify. 36 months at $28.60 per month per $1,000 financed, regardless of down payment. Place a new retail order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer’s stock by 07/31/2023. See dealer for qualifications and details.

2 Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine your individual eligibility. Tax credit amount is based on vehicle-specific component sourcing and assembly and may be subject to change. Retail customers may not claim the credit if (1) your adjusted gross income exceeds certain thresholds or (2) the MSRP of the vehicle, as configured, exceeds $80,000 (including all optional equipment attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer, but excluding destination charges, optional items added by the dealer, taxes and fees). The federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. For additional information, go to https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409.
Oh, yipee. When I put money down for my F150, the estimated price was lower, but when I placed my order it was over $80K thus causing me to lose my tax credit. Now with the $10K reduction the new price would be just under $80K. I'm just so happy to know I've overspent big time.

Not only that but some options were "credited" back because the chips were not ready. I'm guessing those options are probably now available but at a much higher cost.

Next time I will wait a year so ford can "expand" first so they can sell lower.

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
It does vary...and sometimes only applies if you had to cross state lines to buy, e.g., from Va to Md.

In Va it is 3 days generally, but for used cars it is 30 days, unless you bought it with a legally valid "as is" statement.

And there are lemon laws too with some limitations.

From what I've read about here and elsewhere, some Lightning buyers might qualify for that, if Ford didn't resolve the problem, you have a right to return the vehicle with some limitations.

In Virginia:

To qualify as a lemon, the vehicle must have experienced issues within the first 18 months of purchase.

The car dealer must have tried to repair it three times without fixing the problem, or one time for a serious safety defect. Alternatively, it must have been out of service for at least 30 days.

If one of these circumstances occurs to a vehicle purchased in Virginia, or the vehicle fails to live up to the warranties made about the vehicle, the buyer is entitled to one of two remedies from the manufacturer: a replacement vehicle or a refund of the purchase price, less a reasonable amount for use of the vehicle.
Sorry for asking, do you have any references? I am still in the 3 day period. Thanks!

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The hardest part for me is the immediate loss of resale value. If I get in accident on my drive home and it's totaled, is my comprehensive insurance suddenly going to say a new Lariat ER is worth $78k? That stuff hurts, I brought a chunk in cash so I'd be okay loan wise, but that to me is the most painful issue. I'm not jealous I can't save as much as people ordering today, but I'm fairly upset my truck lost $8k in value over night, especially as like many of us here, I ordered in my window which was after the initial price rise.

It does feel like Ford is punishing reservation holders with this move. Just about everyone who paid the higher prices were longterm reservations.

Who knows, maybe we can get a non-cash rebate. Something like points, free charging, extended blue cruise / plug n charge subs would ease the salt without hurting Ford's bottomline.