• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding Tesla Model 3 to the Stable

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
With the current prices and me wanting my Lightning to take a break I decided to order an inventory Model 3 SR. I will now join every other car on the road 🤣.

I was looking to see about getting into a Mach-E but quickly realized that the price was out of reach for what I needed.

Even with all the deletes Musk has imposed, for a beater it shouldn’t be to bad. Picking it up on Monday. Anyone else pick up a Model 3 LFP?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
I have been tempted - with the tax credit, it's finally the cheap Model 3 I reserved during Elon's unveiling but was unable to purchase. Have you driven one? The lack of an instrument "cluster" would drive me nuts. VW's ID.4 did minimalism right in my book by reducing that element but not eliminating it.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I have been tempted - with the tax credit, it's finally the cheap Model 3 I reserved during Elon's unveiling but was unable to purchase. Have you driven one? The lack of an instrument "cluster" would drive me nuts. VW's ID.4 did minimalism right in my book by reducing that element but not eliminating it.
Yes, I had an 18 RWD LR. The lack of cluster is not that bad, but aesthetically to me at least is lacking

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
We picked up a Y right when the prices bottomed out. I was initially bothered by the lack of tactile buttons for certain tasks and also by the lack of the instrument cluster; I discovered a product called S3XY buttons that solves both issues. I'm not affiliated and not selling them but check them out, the price is IMO very reasonable for the solution they present. The speedo, throttle, etc are all in real time and get their info from an OBD transmitter. I think of the Tesla as more of a tech device than a vehicle, it's not on the same level of refinement as the Lariat but it's fast as fudge (Y Performance so 0-60 in 3.5) and qualifies for the rebate now, so it will end up pretty cheap. Electricity is WAY cheaper than gas here and the ICE car it replaces got 19.6mpg...

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It’s an awesome car. Newer ones ride a bit softer and quieter which is nice. We’ve had ours since 2018 and it’s held up well over 80,000 miles. Interface and touchscreen hardware is still ahead of pretty much everyone which is impressive for a 5 year old car and the new ones are even faster. Right now at 7% battery degradation which seems normal and should start to level off in the future. The charging speed at superchargers will blow you away compared to if you’ve ever done fast charging with the Lightning. 170+ peak kW into a car that’s so efficient and modest battery size makes for a really nice road tripping machine.

Just make sure that you are ok with lowering yourself down into the car - it’s pretty low but nothing unusual for a sedan. Probably the only gripe that would get me to upgrade to a Y.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Congrats - for the prices right now if you need a car it is almost a no brainer. Truly makes me want to think about getting out of my truck and grabbing a 3 to drive until the Cybertruck hits the road. Although my Lightning is better off now with the Supercharger Access coming. Only if I had a crystal ball to know what would happen to our Lightning prices at 24 to 36 months old.

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My wife is close to picking Model 3 for her next car .
This is my Lightning at the mall with a surplus of Model 3, There was reps in the mall giving test rids and say I can get one same day.
Guess ill get a white one. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Tesla Model 3 to the Stable 20230609_174159

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I loved not having the instrument cluster - everything you need is there on the middle screen. You truly need very little other than speed that might otherwise have been right in front of you.

Online inventory cars have almost $2K discount, plus the $7500. Even a Performance has almost $3K discount plus $7500. New Performance right now for $43,760. That is some serious pricing pressure.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Alot of family and friends got a base Model 3 LFP SR. You'll like it alot. Its very nimble and fun to drive!

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
And they're hideous. They need some colours.
Nearly the same no? Unless you count the lightnings' 5 shade of white.

"every other car on the road"
bro, you're buying a 2023 f150. that's the same thing. Every other truck on the road.

maybe go drive one?

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Tesla Model 3 to the Stable colors

• Love
Reactions: GDN

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I regret buying one. Hope you don’t have the same regret. NeverAgain.
Sponsored