• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding Tesla Model 3 to the Stable

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I regret buying one. Hope you don’t have the same regret. NeverAgain.
Why do you regret buying an Model 3 LFP??
Sponsored

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Why do you regret buying an Model 3 LFP??
i had a 3P- …. Terrible build quality, lack of support from Tesla for build quality issues, road ranger appointments that rescheduled without my consent, nobody to call to readjust the appointments to a time when the news available, autopilot was freakin scary, tesla saying auto pilot (not FSD) was a beta feature and they would not fix, Tesla service center folks were a$$holes, etc. etc..

i know that it is the cool thing to have a Tesla nowadays. …. but to me the company and the car was junk.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
i had a 3P- …. Terrible build quality, lack of support from Tesla for build quality issues, road ranger appointments that rescheduled without my consent, nobody to call to readjust the appointments to a time when the news available, autopilot was freakin scary, tesla saying auto pilot (not FSD) was a beta feature and they would not fix, Tesla service center folks were a$$holes, etc. etc..

i know that it is the cool thing to have a Tesla nowadays. …. but to me the company and the car was junk.
Ah, I understand. I had the same issues with my 18 LR but at the time I expected too much from Tesla.

As a daily I think it will be ok

Reactions: GDN

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
As long as you don't mind looking like every car on the road lol.

Im saying that as I have 2 white model 3s (M3P and RWD).

It's hilarious how many there are on the roads now, when I come across another one i try to drive behind it. I must not be the only one, last time we made a mini convoy on the freeway, just needed the gray one and would have had every color model 3 possible.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
As long as you don't mind looking like every car on the road lol.

Im saying that as I have 2 white model 3s (M3P and RWD).

It's hilarious how many there are on the roads now, when I come across another one i try to drive behind it. I must not be the only one, last time we made a mini convoy on the freeway, just needed the gray one and would have had every color model 3 possible.
There are a lot of them here too. It’s hilarious because they are all white and tend to spell S3XY at times 🤣

But let’s be honest, it can’t be beat as a commuter. If the Mach-E was $38k I would be purchasing that instead, but as of now it’s overpriced by at least 2k. Not to mention the dealer games with “markups” “in-demand”

Sponsored

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
There are a lot of them here too. It’s hilarious because they are all white and tend to spell S3XY at times 🤣

But let’s be honest, it can’t be beat as a commuter. If the Mach-E was $38k I would be purchasing that instead, but as of now it’s overpriced by at least 2k. Not to mention the dealer games with “markups” “in-demand”
They will be/are the EV version of the Toyota Camry/Corolla of the world, longest lasting and everywhere.

I'm happy to trade misaligned / panel gaps for a well engineered designed cooling/drivetrain/battery.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
So glad we don't live in California, for many reasons, but related to this forum, top of the list is that here, in the Midwest, we never see a parking lot with that many Teslas, we never see 50 anything at a charge station (largest is 10), and all the fugly Teslas are not just white.

Nor do we have to "commute", or "sit in traffic". Yes, to get to downtown Ann Arbor, during "rush hour", could take an extra 10 or 15 minutes. We don't go then.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
They will be/are the EV version of the Toyota Camry/Corolla of the world, longest lasting and everywhere.

I'm happy to trade misaligned / panel gaps for a well engineered designed cooling/drivetrain/battery.
DFW area is another hot bed, and I'm OK with it. The number on the road just show the leader I helped be 5 years ago and confirmed that it is a good car to own and drive.

We've had 2 2018 Model 3's and now have a new Y. The panel gaps on all 3 are as good as on my Lightning - all very good (I've seen some misalignments, but it is better). They are a bit firm on the ride and road noise was my biggest complaint on the 3. There have been many upgrades made in 5 years and am very pleased with the Y, even riding on 21's.

I have a neighbor one street over that can't get anything in their garage, but they have both a 3 and a Y, parked on the curb and they charge them with a 110 extension cord strung out to the street. I'm glad I'm not in that situation, but there is some dedication to make an EV work.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well I ended up rejecting delivery, it looks like they were giving me an already rejected Model 3 with Panel Gaps and some paint discrepancies.

On another note it looks like a local dealer has Mach-E’s with a $5k discount plus $3k from Ford, I am now looking at a RWD select for $39k believe it or not

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
Well I ended up rejecting delivery, it looks like they were giving me an already rejected Model 3 with Panel Gaps and some paint discrepancies.

On another note it looks like a local dealer has Mach-E’s with a $5k discount plus $3k from Ford, I am now looking at a RWD select for $39k believe it or not
$39k for a Mach-E before the $7.5k sounds fantastic.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

I believe Ford is giving a $7500 lease credit now, see if they will let you buy out the lease(see the actual contract) and if they will still include any of the other discounts.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Own a LFP TM3
Purchased new in 9/2022 and now at 12k miles. No issues at all and 100% charging is a game changer. Mach E has a more appealing design especially in black!

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well what a long day. As I stated, I rejected my delivery of the Model 3 I had chosen from inventory. Tesla is really trying to push for the end of quarter, so they pulled out another one on the spot that just came off the truck. Apparently the person who had ordered it had finance fall through. This one was flawless and I ended up taking it.

I will say Tesla has made vast improvements from my 2018. This car will be a great daily.

Anyways here is the Mach-E I was looking at until the dealer called and was acting like it wasn’t true:LOL:, they said $5k dealer discount only and I said well Ford is adding $3k for those abandoned orders. Oh well, their loss.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Tesla Model 3 to the Stable IMG_2433
Sponsored