• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Tesla Fell To Earth

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
A settlement does not make it a fact. He isn't actually a co-founder. He bought the title.
I really don’t get this take. They were all just trying to commercialize the T-Zero, that none of them built. Does who started or founded what really matters? It’s what has been done since, and the “if for not X person there would be no Tesla” is mostly if not all Musk. Same with Paypal, SpaceX, Neuralink and a large chunk of openAI. He’s not an accident falling into all of these impossible businesses that somehow end up doing the impossible.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I really don’t get this take. They were all just trying to commercialize the T-Zero, that none of them built. Does who started or founded what really matter? It’s what has been done since, and the “if for not X person there would be no Tesla” is mostly if not all Musk. Same with Paypal, SpaceX, Neuralink and a large chunk of openAI. He’s not an accident falling into all of these impossible businesses that somehow end up doing the impossible.
Just correcting the record. Musk is not a co-founder. Fact.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Just correcting the record. Musk is not a co-founder. Fact.
He is the single most important person in making ev’s a viable option to the public today. Fact.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He is the single most important person in making ev’s a viable option to the public today. Fact.
Still not a co-founder. Fact.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
This thread and the nauseating many others on this forum that have nothing to do with Ford EV's or Ford trucks should be retitled. "Hi, I have an anti-Tesla and/or Elon Musk bias and I can't shut up about it, even though it has nothing to do with Ford EV's. Let me show you"

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This thread and the nauseating many others on this forum that have nothing to do with Ford EV's or Ford trucks should be retitled. "Hi, I have an anti-Tesla and/or Elon Musk bias and I can't shut up about it, even though it has nothing to do with Ford EV's. Let me show you"
Articles about competitors to Ford EVs belong in this section. Statements made that aren't factual should be corrected. Use the Ignore function to ignore the thread anytime you want.

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
Elon Musk is a liar, I would not trust any of his products. Last year the range on Teslas was revised closer to their actual number, people paid several thousand dollars for FSD which he said years ago would be ready by the of the year, he removed radar and distance sensors from his cars because “vision only is better” (vision system is his way of saying car cameras)- cameras only is not better. But if you want a full list of his lies and have a few days of time to spare, here you go:
https://elonmusk.today/

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I wonder how many Elon/Tesla haters will put their money where their mouth (keyboard) and not use the Tesla supercharger 🤔

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder how many Elon/Tesla haters will put their money where their mouth (keyboard) and not use the Tesla supercharger 🤔
I fall into that category. I used a Magic Dock in Moab because no other options. Just completed a trip (will soon post) from Michigan to Vermont, via Canada. Did my research, and it was clear that the Tesla network had some advantages for this trip. So I paid the $12.99 and tried it. In short, I charged faster at Tesla Superchargers than at EA. There were significantly more charging options with Tesla, especially in the Burlington, VT area where EA doesn't exist. And, in some cases, Tesla was cheaper.

Don't love giving Tesla money, but if it benefits me in money or time, I will.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isn't Telsa eligible for federal money for opening the network? Why wouldn't someone make use of their tax dollars?
Tesla has applied for funds to build new locations, yes.

What they got for opening up 3,500 locations with Magic Docks (still in process) is unclear.

Do they get federal funds for opening up a location to Ford (and ...) that requires an adapter? No, that should not qualify. But clearly they got funds from Ford.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Tesla has applied for funds to build new locations, yes.

What they got for opening up 3,500 locations with Magic Docks (still in process) is unclear.

Do they get federal funds for opening up a location to Ford (and ...) that requires an adapter? No, that should not qualify. But clearly they got funds from Ford.
Thank you sir this is my understanding as well.

Can we all just agree almost everyone on this forum have a pretty kick ass truck?

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Isn't Telsa eligible for federal money for opening the network? Why wouldn't someone make use of their tax dollars?
None of the ones you have access to now have any federal tax dollars. That money was only allocated in 2024. The purchasers of Tesla cars paid for the current ones.

Last edited:

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
“Fell to earth”?

their market valuation dwarfs every other auto maker still.

I do not get the constant Tesla hate and bias. none of you would be on this forum or have your vehicle if not for that company or their largest stockholder.
Musk doesn’t know who you are and isn’t going to get you pregnant, stop simping for a right wing, white supremacist nutjob.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Elon Musk is a liar, I would not trust any of his products. Last year the range on Teslas was revised closer to their actual number, people paid several thousand dollars for FSD which he said years ago would be ready by the of the year, he removed radar and distance sensors from his cars because “vision only is better” (vision system is his way of saying car cameras)- cameras only is not better. But if you want a full list of his lies and have a few days of time to spare, here you go:
https://elonmusk.today/
He’s late at making the impossible possible. My car drove me from my driveway to my work 10 miles away, unprotected left across 6 lanes, neighborhoods, stop lights, stop signs, pedestrians, on/off highway. They dumped their entire city code base from the last 7 years and replaced it with NN code (in less than two years) and it works on cars that are over 6 years old. It’s late, it’s not finished, it’s also impossible.
Sponsored