• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android text message chime too loud

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I can't find an easy way to lower the volume (or preferably silence) the incoming text message notification chime volume when my android phone is connected. I have tried turning the knob on the screen when the chime sounds but that does not work, and I have the sound for notifications on the phone turned off.

Anyone have another idea or specific knowledge?
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Is it the chime that pops up during Android Auto operating or is it just when paired via Bluetooth? If just bluetooth, while connected to the truck open up the MY SYNC option on your phones bluetooth menu and deselect the "Text Messages" slider.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That's definitely the phones bluetooth notification tones, I had to adjust mine after re-pairing my phone to the truck last week.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It happens for both the Bluetooth connection (the random 15% of the time AA won't reconnect my Pixel 6 Pro), and when using Android Auto. I will try the slider next time I am in the truck.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Your phone probably has a deeper notification settings where you can turn it down.

I use Waze occasionally and at first the "red light camera ahead" voice was weirdly loud.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Somewhat related; Where do I allow my text messages to be read out loud in the truck? is the setting in the truck? or in android auto on the phone? Or a Samsung setting somewhere? .....

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Somewhat related; Where do I allow my text messages to be read out loud in the truck? is the setting in the truck? or in android auto on the phone? Or a Samsung setting somewhere? .....
It doesn't pop up with a "play" button that you can press to listen to the message? Or are you trying to get it to respond to a command, like "hey Google read my message?"

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It doesn't pop up with a "play" button that you can press to listen to the message? Or are you trying to get it to respond to a command, like "hey Google read my message?"
when I get a text, and try to play it back using the truck interface, it tells me I have to allow personal information in this car before it can play it back for me (don’t remember the exact words). So I must have restricted access somewhere at some point.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
when I get a text, and try to play it back using the truck interface, it tells me I have to allow personal information in this car before it can play it back for me (don’t remember the exact words). So I must have restricted access somewhere at some point.
On the phone, connections, scroll to bottom or looks for Android Auto, then scroll through the main screen to the bottom, see which approvals you have active.

Ford F-150 Lightning Android text message chime too loud 1711937276264-a4

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Did it work before? Might be a glitch in the version you have currently: Android Auto Help

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On the phone, connections, scroll to bottom or looks for Android Auto, then scroll through the main screen to the bottom, see which approvals you have active.

1711937276264-a4.png

This got me one step closer. Now I can read the first line of the text but when I hit play, like before I hear the following voice prompt:

"For help with that first you need to allow personal results in this car. When it is safe, you can go ahead and make the changes in the assistant settings." Not sure if this is on Ford side or android.

p.s. I have one more setting in the bottom: "Play AL Message Summaries"

11.4.640814-Release

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Try looking at the Sync settings for the specific phone, note normally your device will be list with android auto active, switch to phone / media mode then, when in that mode check the settings for a switch controlling the functionality.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Spent some time on this issue with no resolution! The "Play message chime" option is off and I still get the WAY TOO LOUD chime...

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Turn the volume knob down while the chime is playing. Same is true to adjust the volume of the nav prompts. If you turn the volume during while the chime is actually going off, it will turn the volume down of the chime itself.
Sponsored