• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Correct but that ChaDeMo cable is likely never used and we will be needing the CCS spots soon enough.
I'vr seen it used lots of times. And replacing it with CCS, will not give you any additional spots.

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Interesting…at a private location……
https://healthebay.org/
This is a destination charger. I read that Elon will be allowing businesses and homeowners to offer destination charging with a fee, but they have to purchase some Wi-Fi device to mount to it.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is a destination charger. I read that Elon will be allowing businesses and homeowners to offer destination charging with a fee, but they have to purchase some Wi-Fi device to mount to it.
It sure is, might unsubscribe if it doesn’t include SC

Ford F-150 Lightning BREAKING: @Tesla Supercharger membership packages announced for Non-Tesla EV owners ($0.99/month) 9C652018-239E-4232-AE33-766E29586358

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It sure is, might unsubscribe if it doesn’t include SC

9C652018-239E-4232-AE33-766E29586358.jpeg
This may just be the starting place for "Destination" chargers. Of the Tesla "Wall Charger" products only the 3rd generation (white face) has Wifi capabilities. So the vast majority of the destination chargers today won't have a bar code and can't stop you from charging, if it has juice and you plug it in, it should charge.

The 3rd gen has always been known to have advanced features that weren't activated, so this might be the beginning. Allows for businesses, including hotels, to be able to charge to use those destination chargers. The owners will probably be able to set their own rate within reason. The best part is if they could implement idle fees. Many destination chargers get plugged in and left way after charging is complete.

Tesla will then build on this interface and add SC as they upgrade them.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This may just be the starting place for "Destination" chargers. Of the Tesla "Wall Charger" products only the 3rd generation (white face) has Wifi capabilities. So the vast majority of the destination chargers today won't have a bar code and can't stop you from charging, if it has juice and you plug it in, it should charge.

The 3rd gen has always been known to have advanced features that weren't activated, so this might be the beginning. Allows for businesses, including hotels, to be able to charge to use those destination chargers. The owners will probably be able to set their own rate within reason. The best part is if they could implement idle fees. Many destination chargers get plugged in and left way after charging is complete.

Tesla will then build on this interface and add SC as they upgrade them.
I mean it’s a smart move, there are plenty of Destination Chargers around my area where you can just plug in with an adapter. This will be an interesting trial.

OP
OP
vbaker4444

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
So I signed up immediately and at the same time shot off an email to Tesla about a Tesla to CCS1 adapter. Will post with updates.
Is it still in your account? Tesla quietly removed the option to sign up.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Y'all need to just send me those dollars so I can pay for my lightning when it finally arrives
Elon didn't become the richest man in the world by not getting free money. Why stop his loyal followers from doing it now?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Elon didn't become the richest man in the world by not getting free money. Why stop his loyal followers from doing it now?
Seriously....they just sent the richest person in the entire world $1 a month for literally nothing in return.
My PayPal is @astricklin123

I'll at least send you a thank you message.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Seriously....they just sent the richest person in the entire world $1 a month for literally nothing in return.
My PayPal is @astricklin123

I'll at least send you a thank you message.
If you all don't own the Boring Company hat, the TX Belt Buckle, and the Cybertruck whistle you need to get on board. I missed the Not a Flamethrower.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If you all don't own the Boring Company hat, the TX Belt Buckle, and the Cybertruck whistle you need to get on board. I missed the Not a Flamethrower.
That's at least something in return....and you gotta admit that item that was totally not a flamethrower was awesome.

I have for a long time wondered if I could manage to get people to send me $1. They'd never miss $1. People spend more than that on a bottle of water. If I could get 80,000 people on board. There's my lariat.

Reactions: GDN

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
There is a small chance that they will now be grandfathered in to an accidentally low price!

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
You don't need and can't buy an adapter to use a Tesla Super Charger. You need to have the magic connector on the Super Charger.
Sponsored