• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
Let’s hope those of us that managed to pony up the $1/mo are now grandfathered in at 0.01/kwh for life :)
Haha it was $1/month for reduced pricing. You still pay per kWh at the charger
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
All depends on prices. Long trips well worth it Will include other Tesla items like normal Tesla drivers have access to.

Every EV owner needs to start squaking about lack of roofs over chargers. Don't know how many photos I've seen of massive charger locations where the background has roofs over the gas pumps.
I say Hey Joe, where you going with that money in your hand. (Hendrix)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Every EV owner needs to start squaking about lack of roofs over chargers. Don't know how many photos I've seen of massive charger locations where the background has roofs over the gas pumps.
I say Hey Joe, where you going with that money in your hand. (Hendrix)
They should build the canopy with solar panels.

Then eventually install battery systems using retired Bev battery cells and be able to shave the loads when there's large demands so they don't have to pay surge pricing to the utilities

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Correct but that ChaDeMo cable is likely never used and we will be needing the CCS spots soon enough.
200,000 Leaf owners would disagree.....

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Depending on how many non-teslas sign up plus there are no Chargers that work right now x 12….. it’s basically free money for Elon.

They could also just be gauging if there is real interest out there
If I had to guess maybe they will use the signups to determine where to put some beta non-tesla charge sites? They need to start somewhere.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Someone had to test the app/webpage live.

Personally I would have to see the actual cost to decide. If some charge station is full then the $1 may be worth it to get in line.

Supercharger power prices have not been noted to be cheap exactly.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Someone had to test the app/webpage live.

Personally I would have to see the actual cost to decide. If some charge station is full then the $1 may be worth it to get in line.

Supercharger power prices have not been noted to be cheap exactly.
Availability is key. I would pay a substantial premium to have a station where I need it vs. not having one.

We just did a trip up to the Bangor Maine area and lack of CCS (or even J1772) charging meant we had to take our ICE vehicle (Raptor) instead of my wife's Mach-e. Tesla chargers are there, and if available would have meant we could have used the EV.

Side note: had lots of fun with the Raptor - went down to Bar Harbor and drove out on the sand bar and up the rocky shore onto bar island. Couldn't have done that with the Lightning - larger rocks were 8" to 10".

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
200,000 Leaf owners would disagree.....
Demand will eventually change this over time. I'm curious on the newer EA stations if they still include a Chademo charger?

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
For those of you with a Tesla and the app or if you got signed up last night. You can slide your map over Europe, hit the "Search this region" at the top of the screen and it will show the superchargers that non-Teslas can charge at. I'm sure it knows by your GPS (Tesla is very adept at knowing where you are and not asking for craziness just in case) and then you plug in and just tell the app which stall you just plugged into, start charging. The screen will give you pricing and idle fees.

Ford F-150 Lightning BREAKING: @Tesla Supercharger membership packages announced for Non-Tesla EV owners ($0.99/month) IMG_2049.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning BREAKING: @Tesla Supercharger membership packages announced for Non-Tesla EV owners ($0.99/month) IMG_2048.PNG

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Demand will eventually change this over time. I'm curious on the newer EA stations if they still include a Chademo charger?
The Leaf is dead by 2025 and ChadeMo along with it. Unfortunately, Nissan doesn't see the opportunity in building it's own ChadeMo network in the USA with their dealerships. Apparently, it's difficult to engineer a ChadeMo adapter for use on other fast charging networks. The most likely scenerio is that the Leaf gets orpahed for high speed charging within 10 years. Until then, ChadeMo chargers are still being installed for now but unless Elon adopts the orphaned Leaf or Unless Biden makes it mandatory that all EV's be served equally, the Leaf will end up being a Level 2 only option relegating it regional use only. That being said, an opensource CCS retrofit might be a possibility.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
There is one CCS to Tesla adapter in Korea - you can get it here in the US. Early model 3's must have a charge port (electronics) upgrade to use CCS, but most all Tesla's from the last 2 to 3 years can use CCS if you have one of those adapters.
There is another adapter for sale out there that even works on the non-CCS-enabled Teslas, at up to 60 kW.

Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lol just got my 0.99 back

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
EA said a while back they were going to stop putting Chademo plugs on their chargers.

It's been an obviously dying plug for years and Nissan never should have put it on the 2nd Gen Leaf. It was a disservice to their customers.
Sponsored