• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

juddisjudd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Honda Odyssey
I wish there was a way to remove the charger from the order. I don't need the charger so wish I wasn't paying for it. I'll have to resell it since I get a free charger from my utility.
Sponsored

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
That helps! I hope I get the email soon.

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
finally got an email from sunrun and this is from it ..."At the moment, we are still waiting to receive the chargers from Ford. Once we receive those, we will be reaching out to you to get you scheduled!"

so ford says sunrun, sunrun says ford... and we are in the middle :(

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I just got a text message from a Sunrun rep after I asked why I had never received pricing after taking a day off work for their estimator's site visit (they didn't even create a project on my Sunrun account page). I kind of let the guy have it, by way of response. Feel a little badly about it, but...

The problem is much more than just "where is the charger", the problem is also that Sunrun is totally dropping the ball on customer interaction. Their crew visited my house weeks ago, and I specifically asked for pricing for the charger install as well as pricing for the BID install. They sat on it and didn't even enter it into their system or respond to inquiries until today with this Ford announcement doubtless prompting many customers to call them.

Ford should get Sunrun entirely out of this interaction. As others have suggested the charger should just be sitting in the frunk of the vehicle at the dealership - or shipped after the fact by Ford directly to the customer, if they're back ordered - so nobody is stuck waiting for weeks for Sunrun to communicate with them.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
finally got an email from sunrun and this is from it ..."At the moment, we are still waiting to receive the chargers from Ford. Once we receive those, we will be reaching out to you to get you scheduled!"

so ford says sunrun, sunrun says ford... and we are in the middle :(
Yes, it's a total mess. My dealer said contract Ford, Ford said contact Sun Run, Sun Run said they don't service my state. They then sent me a URL that was supposed to let me order my charge station, but all the links just bring me to solar installers. So I have no idea when or if I'll see a charger.

Ford really dropped the ball trusting Sun Run. They should have shipped the pro charger with the truck.

Sponsored

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
Like the 200,000 bonus points I was supposed to get for the mod to MIC top on the Bronco?

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I just heard from SunRun on the charger. They said:
"If you are not having Sunrun install it, it will be shipped to your home when you take possession of your truck."

With SunRuns track record what happens if its still a mess after June 30th?
I don't think Sunrun is just sitting on a pile of chargers. They're handling the logistics, but odds are they don't have them either (kinda like everything else that is unavailable due to shortages)

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
Jokes on us - there will be no more deliveries prior to June 30 - congrats to the first 75 owners.
ha, they can hit June 30 for all us SRers! Nice

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Optimistically thinking my 6/9 build could get here by 6/30!!

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Looks like I’ll be wiring up an RV 14-50 receptacle while waiting on the CSP. If 500kWh gets the average truck 1000 miles, or one month, that’s probably Ford’s target to get us the CSP.

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I wish there was a way to remove the charger from the order. I don't need the charger so wish I wasn't paying for it. I'll have to resell it since I get a free charger from my utility.
Our utility just started offering incentives... $500 for the EVSE if bought as an itemized purchase and $500 for installing a 50-amp 14-50 receptacle. They freaking specified all that. Saw this last night and wrote an explanation of the situation to them. Hoping for the best, but to be able to delete and purchase the 48-amp or another brand's EVSE would be a nice option.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Bold of them to assume 4/18 build weeks will be delivered by June 30th lol.

Last edited:

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I hope Ford will just throw in the towel and let us opt out of the charger and get $2k off of the price. With how few of people will be adding home backup stuff, I think this charger is a lot more complex than it needs to be.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I hope Ford will just throw in the towel and let us opt out of the charger and get $2k off of the price. With how few of people will be adding home backup stuff, I think this charger is a lot more complex than it needs to be.
It only retails for $1,300 so it would be more like $800 or $1,000 off.
Sponsored