• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camping w/ Pro Power

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Lightning Platinum
Hi,

We are planning a week long camping trip and I have a Iceco cooler that I would have set up in the bed. Once parked, I would like to have that Iceco powered with the outlets in the bed continuously. Does the truck have to be on accessories the whole time? Turn on? Is there are mode where I can only have Pro Power activated in the bed without having the truck on. I would not want to loose all the food overnight because of outlets shutting down after a certain ammount of time.

thanks for the info / input.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Truck needs to be ON, set parking brake, turn off lights, the shutdown timer needs to be disabled & you need to adjust the propower reserve level to no lower than a drive out of camp to the nearest charging station finally shut off the Sync screen [quiet mode], lock the doors to keep the kids out if you have any.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Truck needs to be ON, set parking brake, turn off lights, the shutdown timer needs to be disabled & you need to adjust the propower reserve level to no lower than a drive out of camp to the nearest charging station finally shut off the Sync screen [quiet mode], lock the doors to keep the kids out if you have any.
Thank you for the info.
I have played around with the Pro Power settings. It works but the truck has to be ON.
Now I will follow this new checklist by turning off everything. Planning to get out in the woods for couple nights.

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This was the instructions I needed last weekend - this is the checklist you need for sure - which I had to figure out - the owners manual wasn’t the simplest instructions

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

Ok. I didn't know you could turn the screen off with the truck in ON mode. I gotta figure out how to do this.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
you also want to disable the approach lighting, or you will have the exterior lights come on every time you walk past the truck with your key or phone in your pocket. They really need a camping mode that does all this with one button and doesn't require the main power to be on.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ok. I didn't know you could turn the screen off with the truck in ON mode. I gotta figure out how to do this.

Thanks.
Grab the volume knob, push in toward the screen, places the display in quiet mode.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They really need a camping mode that does all this with one button and doesn't require the main power to be on.
110% agree a Camping mode would be awesome, but the "ON" mode technically turns on the traction pack contactors which need to be on to provide power to the PPOB inverters, a little flashing green led on the dash is no big deal .... [IMHO].

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
you also want to disable the approach lighting, or you will have the exterior lights come on every time you walk past the truck with your key or phone in your pocket. They really need a camping mode that does all this with one button and doesn't require the main power to be on.
I haven’t tried it yet but I wonder if it would be useful to create a new profile with all of these settings disabled?
Sponsored