• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Oh here is a photo of the defective dead on arrival they shipped to my dealership for the 1.5 day estimated time frame and job when I first took truck into dealership on December 5th 2023, it’s still there. Factory original modules plus the bad one they shipped to dealership for the repair. No follow up at all from Ford still to date on a replacement time frame or repair ETA. All time estimates have been far from the truth, ugh. 😩

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice IMG_8121

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice IMG_8113
Sponsored

Last edited:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Wow…I’m really sorry to hear that. I wonder why some are having these fixed within a week, and others are taking much longer? Are they waiting for a part that others aren’t having to be replaced?
Nope just Module 9.
Shop is fully EV certified and everything.
Just super bad luck I guess.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Mine has been in the service shop at Ford since December 5th, 2023 when I proactively took it in for the xxx57 update.
Still waiting for replacement parts here. Still waiting for fix.
Ford is now recommending me proceed further into their vehicle repurchase and buyback program.
I’m still hoping they can just fix mine,
11 great first months of ownership and now
6+ weeks of truck in shop inoperable with modules removed on the shop floor.
Ford seemingly does not want to fix my truck in an expedited time frame or manner.

“Still researching” their SSSC engineers are telling dealership.

I hope your experience is better than mine.

IMG_8119.jpeg
So, Ford is recommending their buyback to you?

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I made it down to the dealer this morning without issues. It gave me 58% power the whole way, which felt completely normal unless I really stomped on it.

They gave me a Ford Edge as a loaner, which cleared some things up for me. Getting into that cold ICE car at 6º reminded me why I put up with EV quirks and public charging. And it’s no wonder they can’t give these things away…I’m sure it would have been great six or seven years ago. But what a deeply mediocre car as a $40K 2024 model.

This is my first issue in four years driving EVs. Such a big bucket of disappointment for this lifelong Ford guy. SO many others seem to have figured this out.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice PXL_20240118_163953802_Original

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice PXL_20240118_165704876_Original

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
So, Ford is recommending their buyback to you?
Pretty much a yes with a +|- margin of error. I really would just like to wait them out on fixing my truck which they say they will just asap. I’m a ways from agreeing to anything. The wait is the hardest thing..!!!!!!

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I got the 23B57 update done earlier in the week and wondering if it will ever clear from my list since the service department listed the following,"performed fsa 23c57, updated becm" It's also not listed at all on the service record that is listed on my Ford.com account; just a generic "other service".

Last edited:

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I got the 23B57 update done earlier in the week and wondering if it will ever clear from my list since the service department listed the following,"performed fsa 23c57, updated becm" It's also not listed at all on the service record that is listed on my Ford.com account; just a generic "other service".
I don't know why that happens. Mine took at least a couple of weeks to disappear from my Fordpass app as an outstanding action. I think their system operates by semaphore and smoke signal.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I had it done awhile back and it took a long time to clear, but it has finally cleared.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Mine has been in the service shop at Ford since December 5th, 2023 when I proactively took it in for the xxx57 update.
Still waiting for replacement parts here. Still waiting for fix.
Ford is now recommending me proceed further into their vehicle repurchase and buyback program.
I’m still hoping they can just fix mine,
11 great first months of ownership and now
6+ weeks of truck in shop inoperable with modules removed on the shop floor.
Ford seemingly does not want to fix my truck in an expedited time frame or manner.

“Still researching” their SSSC engineers are telling dealership.

I hope your experience is better than mine.

IMG_8119.jpeg
Are they waiting on parts or engineers? I'd at least try to get that sorted out. If just waiting on a new module to replace the DOA one it can't be that hard. Have you contacted @Ford Motor Company ?

Last edited:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Are they waiting on parts or engineers? I'd at least try to get that sorted out. If just waiting on a new module to replace the DOA one it can't be that hard. Have you contacted @fordmotorcompany?
It’s been a total hot mess of zero effective communication.
Engineers score Zero, Parts not being approved to send score Zero.
A classic Shiz Show.
My patience is pretty much about gone.

Sponsored

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
A classic Shiz Show.
I’ve gotta ask because your profile location could be near me. You’re not dealing with a Minnesota dealer, are you?

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I don't know why that happens. Mine took at least a couple of weeks to disappear from my Fordpass app as an outstanding action. I think their system operates by semaphore and smoke signal.
Agreed.
We have 2 Lightnings.
Mine shows the 57-CSP still after months being done and the 70-CSP which they are doing today.
But my wife's truck, the 57 cleared soon after they did it months ago and not showing the 70, which it is also needing and getting done today. LOL

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
A classic Shiz Show.
@Ford Motor Company ... supposedly here on the forum ... now would be a good time to contact this owner and provide some real assistance.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I’ve gotta ask because your profile location could be near me. You’re not dealing with a Minnesota dealer, are you?
We are in the four states area of AR/KS/OK/MO

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
The more I follow this thread and it's updates, the more I fear that we'll probably all experience this failure within the next 5-7 years.
Sponsored